filters

/ filters #2  
I'm not sure,But if you do a search under mtd cub cadet you should find a online source.

/ filters #3  
yea, I'd be interested too. Recently a stump jumped up and bit the hydraulic filter on my 7360.... leaving a trail of precious bodily fluid out in the woods. It cost $80 for a replacement at the nearest CC dealer. Ouch!

/ filters #4  
A few weeks back my NAPA dealer let me rummage through his filter book so I could sompile filter information for the Mitsubishi-based tractors for a vendor list. There was very little for the Cub Cadet 7xxx series. However, if you bring in your old filter, NAPA's books have dimensional charts that should enable you to find a close match.

Just as a comment, I'm baffled at all the literally thousands of different filters out there, especially for engine oil, but also including other types such as air and hydraulic. For oil filters, only a few different types of thread are used, so why so many dimensional differences? K&N cut its high-performance oil filters down to the minimum and managed to weed it down to about 50 total (among 6 different series based on thread size). Perhaps this is an area where manufacturers should be encouraged or required to standardize more.

/ filters #5  
So has anyone made any progress on the issue of finding retail filters as replacements for the (very expensive) CC filters sold at the dealers?

//bruce

/ filters #7  
Are you serious? I have a 7260 and a new Mitsubishi filter is about $6.50. An air filter is a little pricy at $60. Hydraulic filters are $28, and fuel filters: $3.50.

/ filters #8  
Where did you get those prices? I had to replace the hydraulic filter on my 7360 after it was crushed by a stump I had just pulled. It cost me $80. That was at Abbott Power Equipment in E. Waterboro. I hate to think of what it's going to cost for air/oil/fuel filters for my next 100 hour service.

/ filters #9  
I used to buy them in Freedom, NH at LandPower. They have since gone under (so I have heard). Last summer, I bought a new air filter, oil filter and fuel filter in Sabattus at Waterman Farm Machinery. I know the fuel and oil filters are relatively inexpensive, but get ready to shell out about $60 for a new air filter. My father used to do business at Abbot's. I say "used too" because they are twice as expensive as anyone else and he found them to be really rude. When I was shopping for my first tarctor (Cub 7200), Hazelton's in Cumberland wanted $13000 and something, LandPower wanted $12000 and something, and Abbot's wanted $15000 and something. It didn't take me long to decide who had the biggest markup. If you don't mind a ride, go to Waterman's. Just get on Sabattus Street in Lewiston and keep going. They are on the right side. They have a dairy farm across the street. You can't miss it.
Good luck.

/ filters #10  
Thanks! I will try Waterman's. I want to keep a set of filters in the garage for when needed.

Yes, LandPower went under a year ago. I was very disappointed. They seemed to be nice folks and had a wide assortment of used implements for sale. I can't remember what LandPower qouted me for a 7360, but Hazelton wanted $20K w/FEL. I decided to buy slightly used and got mine for $13K plus $1K for shipping with only 90 hours on it.