/ Filter for diesel storage tank #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
   / Filter for diesel storage tank #2  
I run 2 filters on my tanks.
A 5 - 30 micron - depending on what's available and then a 2 micron before the hose.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #3  
Find one that has 3/4" inlet and outlet. ( your picture show a 1" inlet and outlet) That is the pipe size you have on the Fillrite. And yes, you should put it on the outlet side as not to restrict the suction side. You can also stop by Tractor supply and see what they have and you can get an idea of the size as well.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #4  
I use a 10 micron water blocking filter on my transfer tank. It's a Goldenrod spin on and head available at TSC or Amazon.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #5  
My local NAPA has them, or you could get a remote filter base. The dedicated ones for diesel transfer pumps would be your best bet. They have the water separator.

I’m pretty rural, and there are a lot of guys with transfer tanks in their trucks. So, the farm and ranch supply, and autoparts stores all stock them or can get them out of Salt Lake the next day by 1000.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #6  
Find one that has 3/4" inlet and outlet. ( your picture show a 1" inlet and outlet) That is the pipe size you have on the Fillrite. And yes, you should put it on the outlet side as not to restrict the suction side. You can also stop by Tractor supply and see what they have and you can get an idea of the size as well.
I'm switching to 1" tank filters. Because I've been having issues finding 3/4" filters in the 2 micron rating.

This reminds me, I need to call Cimtek get part numbers and order a 1" filter head and 2 micron filters.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #7  
I wouldn't use that particular filter setup either unless you already have a machine with those filters. The filter threads are 1-1/2" and you'll be paying extra for that. I'd get a common size or match your equipment. Most will be 3/4" and some 1". That way you can keep common filters in stock.

On a side note: Has Fill-Rite really gone that cheap--Plastic fillers?

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #8  
I wouldn't use that particular filter setup either unless you already have a machine with those filters. The filter threads are 1-1/2" and you'll be paying extra for that. I'd get a common size or match your equipment. Most will be 3/4" and some 1". That way you can keep common filters in stock.

On a side note: Has Fill-Rite really gone that cheap--Plastic fillers?
Where are you finding 3/4" npt tank filters?

I'm buying a 1" filter head because I'm having trouble finding 2 micron tank filters.

I like to have the fuel filtered before it goes into my stuff.

It saves a lot on changing the more expensive equipment and vehicle filters.

With the double inline filters, I don't have to change filters very often.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #9  
I was speaking of the fuel filter setup like the OP linked to--Not in tank filters. The filter in his example has 1-1/2" threads. Try finding those at a local outlet.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #10  
That's the style filter and housing I use.

The filters I use are 1" npt.

I had several 3/4" npt filters, but have had trouble finding replacement filters in the micron ratings I want, so I'm switching those to 1" npt filters like pictured.