Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,221  
You won’t have that problem with imported solar panels. Just think…..American farm fields covered with products made in China under a cloud of pollution and possibly by slave labor!

Awesome! :poop:
AND THAT"S WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO PUSHING SOLAR MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO IMPORT THEM ANYMORE!
Now how is what you just said not a perfect example of deflection...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,222  
:ROFLMAO:

But they TAX and REGULATE them!
Dayummmm, WAKE UP!
And the Ohio governor, who is a conservative, lowered the Ohio gas take rate. Not to long after, the current administration lowered taxes and opened American reserves as well (even though I think it took to long). That was months ago. Still over $3.50 here. Those to acts dropped it .50. The oil companies have a product we need so they can raise or lower the prices as they see fit.
... isn't that taxation and regulation government interference in the free market. I thought the government was supposed to stay out of that.

Dayummmmm, WAKE UP!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,223  
I did mention that materials are recyclable, somewhere above.

but how much energy-and what energy source will be used- to recycle those materials? And where will said recycling be performed?
So what? Lets say one only gets 20 years of service? The 200W (degraded) output for 4 hours/day 365 days/year for 20 years is 5840 kWh. The reason Capitalists will recycle PV panels is to recover materials which would cost more to dig out of the ground than can be found in the claimed 6 million tons/year.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,224  
So, how do you run an EV tractor for 24hrs for two weeks when harvest hast to come in? I know that drivers hot-swap in motion, refueling can be done in motion, but how can you do that with EV? And what are you charging them with?
By golly you are right! Can't run an EV for 24 hours/day for 2 weeks!

EVs are totally crap! Nobody should ever use an EV for anything because an EV can not do everything!

Be sure to surrender your battery powered laptop, cellphone, DeWalt power tools ... because we have proven them to be useless!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,226  
And how many will ignore recycling and just throw the junk in a hole and bury it?
I don’t see everyone recycle everything now.
Nobody. Because dead PV panels are a rich source of resources.

Paper and plastics are more expensive to recycle than new.

Aluminum cans are precious. As are lead-acid starter batteries.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,227  
If the government gave them money like they did 15 years ago, like they did Solyndra and others, like car companies to build EV’s, I would expect that, yes.

This has been going on since 2008-WAY more than a year. We have been told the world will end in X years for a long long time. Incentives have been there for solar panels forever. Yet mostly made in China.

10% for the ……..

That is just your opinion. I LIVE in the rust belt and I can tell you that most people want long term great paying jobs and security, not government handout crap.
I live in it also. I teach these peoples's kids. My son is friends with their son's. The pipelines were not built by locals. They were all from Texas. And they are gone now. A lot of the drilling is employing locals, not long term. They will have all the holes drilled soon, and then what? The NG power plant employed 500 construction workers. The local labor unions had to fight to make those jobs local and not bring in outside, temporary labor. It will only retain 25 long term jobs. My nephew works for a rig clean up company. He knows all the holes will be drilled soon. That's why he started a residential concrete construction company because people want sidewalks and patios from the money they get for leasing their land. NG has no long term employment options. Where do you propose these long term employment jobs come from?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,228  
Jesus it's been a year. You expect all of the companies that import materials to just stop and start buying things from American companies that do not exist yet?
So let’s stop hydrocarbon leases and xploration and extraction and energy production that works, and damage the economy such that domestic manufacturing cannot occur —- because how will those manufacturnig plants be powered? Not by wind or solar… unless we buy it from China… chicken/egg.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,229  
We already have the pipelines. Did you miss the comments that I made about there still being plenty of available space to move everything from Canada. Why do you think TRANS CANADA Energy bought Columbia Gas.
I have 3 natural gas lines cutting diagonally right through the middle of my property. 30" and 36". I wish I received rent, but I knew they were there when I bought and the only thing that bothers me is I can't get NG for my home.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,230  
AND THAT"S WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO PUSHING SOLAR MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO IMPORT THEM ANYMORE!
Now how is what you just said not a perfect example of deflection...
And how will those manufacturing plants be powered if not by hydrocarbon energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.