Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,211  
No kidding. But do you think the people that live in that rust belt town care? No, they're just glad there is money coming into their community. Don't care if it's from the government or not. The Amazon warehouse and new facebook data facility east of columbus ohio just built 2 brand new high schools. Also moved so many people in they needed another high school and employees a lot of people. Those companies came in because the governments there worked to make it happen.
That is just your opinion. I LIVE in the rust belt and I can tell you that most people want long term great paying jobs and security, not government handout crap.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,212  
We’re really jumping around here. I’m talking about solar panels being made in China, while you’re falsely implying the inflation reduction act is countering that. I supply a Forbes link that easily demonstrates that most solar panels come from china, refuting your claim.

We call that “deflection”.
Over the last several days in discussing this topic, I have repeatedly stated that I know where all of our solar panels come from. Your solution to that problem is to just not use solar panels. My solution, every time I have stated it, is for the government to entice American manufacturing of solar panels. I'm not deflecting, I am giving my solution to that problem.
We call that "problem solving." And before you say that America has plenty of NG for 300 years, I will remind you that at last 4-5 times I have stated that there is government investment in natural gas as well. That's why it produces more electricity in America than any other source right now.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,213  
Over the last several days in discussing this topic, I have repeatedly stated that I know where all of our solar panels come from. Your solution to that problem is to just not use solar panels. My solution, every time I have stated it, is for the government to entice American manufacturing of solar panels. I'm not deflecting, I am giving my solution to that problem.
We call that "problem solving." And before you say that America has plenty of NG for 300 years, I will remind you that at last 4-5 times I have stated that there is government investment in natural gas as well. That's why it produces more electricity in America than any other source right now.

The trillions they spent aren’t working and they won’t work because we all know they are just campaign contribution paybacks to unions and big donors. Little is going into American jobs. :poop:

The results aren’t there. We are still importing the vast majority of everything from China. It’s a trillion dollar payback boondoggle, just like Solyndra.

Big promises and poor results again. Meanwhile record inflation and interest rates kill off the middle class.

Great job! :rolleyes:

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,214  
yes, pulp wood, we saw the forest change drastically when replanted.
The mills are all closed as evidence and few loggers left.
Argue with the wall, we saw this happen all over the NE.
And Massey energy out of St. Clairsville, OH was supposed to invest in its coal miners until they fought to not give them their pensions. Massey Energy could have invested in the next big thing around here. Not solar, but NG. They didn't. Bad business. So all of their employees are supposed to support their families based on the business decisions of a stubborn old man?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,215  
You can blame the current office all you want. The fact is, workers in America have had a 9% increase in wages but stock holder profits for fortune 500 countries since the pandemic have gone up 25-30%. It's called price gouging.
I don’t know anyone who is experiencing this wonderful wage growth. Do you? Everyone I know is lucky they aren’t getting cut or laid off, and my portfolio is down significantly from 2-1/2 years ago… a drastic change from when we had energy independence and industry finally coming back.

the biggest gouger is the government - it is not your friend.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,216  
And Massey energy out of St. Clairsville, OH was supposed to invest in its coal miners until they fought to not give them their pensions. Massey Energy could have invested in the next big thing around here. Not solar, but NG. They didn't. Bad business. So all of their employees are supposed to support their families based on the business decisions of a stubborn old man?

You won’t have that problem with imported solar panels. Just think…..American farm fields covered with products made in China under a cloud of pollution and possibly by slave labor!

Awesome! :poop:

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,217  
The trillions they spent aren’t working and they won’t work because we all know they are just campaign contribution paybacks to unions and big donors. Little is going into American jobs.

The results aren’t there. We are still importing the vast majority of everything from China. It’s a trillion dollar payback boondoggle, just like Solyndra.

Big promises and poor results again.
Jesus it's been a year. You expect all of the companies that import materials to just stop and start buying things from American companies that do not exist yet?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,218  
Jesus it's been a year. You expect all of the companies that import materials to just stop and start buying things from American companies that do not exist yet?
If the government gave them money like they did 15 years ago, like they did Solyndra and others, like car companies to build EV’s, I would expect that, yes.

This has been going on since 2008-WAY more than a year. We have been told the world will end in X years for a long long time. Incentives have been there for solar panels forever. Yet mostly made in China.

10% for the ……..

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,219  
I don’t know anyone who is experiencing this wonderful wage growth. Do you? Everyone I know is lucky they aren’t getting cut or laid off, and my portfolio is down significantly from 2-1/2 years ago… a drastic change from when we had energy independence and industry finally coming back.

the biggest gouger is the government - it is not your friend.
1. The 9% is a national average. 2. Unemployment in my part of Appalachia is very low right now because of NG. There's new residential and commercial construction all over. We're getting a new school. The lower end of the middle class is struggling because gas costs more. Last I checked, the federal government doesn't set gas prices.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,220  
1. The 9% is a national average. 2. Unemployment in my part of Appalachia is very low right now because of NG. There's new residential and commercial construction all over. We're getting a new school. The lower end of the middle class is struggling because gas costs more. Last I checked, the federal government doesn't set gas prices.

:ROFLMAO:

But they TAX and REGULATE them!
Dayummmm, WAKE UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.