Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,131  
. But hey, we wouldn't want the government interfering with capitalism.
like shutting down pipelines?

How many of those Keystone XL workers actually got “high-paying solar energy jobs”?

permits shut down, leases not renewed — AND selling to the “foreign policy expert elder statesman’s” good friend China?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,132  
Some Keystone facts (not pro/con)

And the map as it was
1682963466349.png

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,133  
like shutting down pipelines?

How many of those Keystone XL workers actually got “high-paying solar energy jobs”?

permits shut down, leases not renewed — AND selling to the “foreign policy expert elder statesman’s” good friend China?
... and private property that DID NOT want the pipeline run through.

Your neighbor putting solar panels up? That's one topic. But having them forced on YOUR property for the sake of profit is another one.

Maybe those pipeline workers didn't get jobs there, but they did somewhere else in the country. Many of them are migratory. Someone got high paying jobs in solar though. Regardless of where the panels are from, someone has to put up all these solar fields everyone is talking about.

My brother-in-law that works for TC energy will tell you that the XL not being built was not going to impact the oil making it to the Gulf, and it didn't.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,134  
My brother-in-law that works for TC energy will tell you that the XL not being built was not going to impact the oil making it to the Gulf, and it didn't.
But running oil in a pipeline is better than transporting by trucks and rail both economically and emission wise. Whether you argue for or against the pipelines, they reduce costs and less polluting which makes a case that they are a better way to go.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,135  
... and private property that DID NOT want the pipeline run through.

Your neighbor putting solar panels up? That's one topic. But having them forced on YOUR property for the sake of profit is another one.

Maybe those pipeline workers didn't get jobs there, but they did somewhere else in the country. Many of them are migratory. Someone got high paying jobs in solar though. Regardless of where the panels are from, someone has to put up all these solar fields everyone is talking about.

So how is the oil making it to the gulf, and how much more could have been transported as opposed to current rates?

And really, since the disastrous Kelo decision - how much property rights do we have anyway?

I want the airlines to pay a toll every time they go over my house. But I can’t.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,136  
According to the map I show earlier, the rest of the Keystone Pipeline carries the oil.
XL was never going to a port anyway.

So probably to truck/rail.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,137  
According to the map I show earlier, the rest of the Keystone Pipeline carries the oil.
XL was never going to a port anyway.

So probably to truck/rail.
IIRC it was going to refineries for domestic consumption.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,138  
But running oil in a pipeline is better than transporting by trucks and rail both economically and emission wise. Whether you argue for or against the pipelines, they reduce costs and less polluting which makes a case that they are a better way to go.
All the oil was and is still running through pre-existing pipelines. The XL was meant to be a money saving shortcut.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,139  
All the oil was and is still running through pre-existing pipelines. The XL was meant to be a money saving shortcut.
I like saving money.

I like alternate routes, too, in case there is a problem one way, another way would be viable.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,140  
It was not domestic oil. It is Canadian oil from tar sands pits. IIRC it was already sold to China. The only American involvement was to transport and refine the oil. Meanwhile, forcing a pipeline through the lands of people that didn't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.