Oil & Fuel Fiat 566

/ Fiat 566 #1  

Filpy0256

Tractor
Fiat 566
Greetings all!

I have taken over an old Fiat 566, and for the life of me I can稚 find where to check / add transmission oil. I can稚 see a dipstick or filler plug on the top, sides, back - nowhere!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

/ Fiat 566 #2  
Most Fiat utility tractors of that era had the filler hole on the shift cover near the shift levers. Look for a 7/8" hex head plug with a copper washer under it. Remove that plug and the dipstick will be attached to it.

/ Fiat 566
Most Fiat utility tractors of that era had the filler hole on the shift cover near the shift levers. Look for a 7/8" hex head plug with a copper washer under it. Remove that plug and the dipstick will be attached to it.

Tks for replying. No, the gearbox top cover has nothing. I also have a Fiat 450 special which has a proper dipstick and filler plug on the top of the gearbox. Strange. I致e downloaded manuals and unfortunately the pictures aren稚 good enough to see anything 🙁

/ Fiat 566 #4  
Have you tried the New Holland online parts catalog? Maybe you could find it there.

/ Fiat 566
Found it yesterday. Under all the oily dirt I found a plug with a dipstick to the right near where the top link attaches to the back of the transmission.