Fencing on my rock farm ;)

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #41  
My experience is the rocks are nearly worthless and all the money is in hauling them.

Coal and oil are just there in the ground, all the money is in digging them out and delivering them. Same with gold I guess.

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #42  
Sign on the side of a dump truck: I SELL DIRT CHEAP AND TAKE ROCK FOR GRANITE.

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;)
Drilled down so I can get water, it just 20m or so long, it replaces my old well. 1362291699.jpeg

Today, not the fastest progressIMG_20181125_101354.jpeg

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #46  
This is how we deal with Rocks and fencing where I live.

Rock wall.jpg

Have the kindIMG_20181125_145710.jpeg

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #48  
This is how we deal with Rocks and fencing where I live.

View attachment 580289

Is that a "slave" fence? We visited relatives in Tennessee a few years back, and they pointed out some old stone walls that they said were built by slaves in the 1800's and were still standing.

Some isolationIMG_20181201_122424.jpegIMG_20181201_122559.jpegIMG_20181201_122610.jpeg

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #50  
Good Lord - - I have access to a potential gold mine. The neighbors property has miles of "rock walls". From when the original homesteaders cleared their fields. These "walls" are about 2 1/2 feet high - about 12' to 15' wide and go for miles. Biggest rocks form the outer edges with smaller rock filling in the middle.

The homesteader on this land - 1890's - reportedly had five sons. I wonder what they did for fun - - no question what they did for work. There is even an old rock sled over by the homestead site.

One of these days I and my trusty camera will go over and photo some of these walls & the old home site. All that remains of the homesite is the rock foundation.

What they did for fun ?

Build rock walls :)