FEL Mounted Bush Hog

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #1  

XxLT250RxX

Bronze Member
A few years ago someone here replaced the bucked on his front end loader with a bush hog. This was on a tractor. It was similar to the ones for a skid steer. I would like to know how it worked out as I am considering doing the same thing. If I remember correctly it was 3RRL but I could be wrong. Anyone know about this or done it themselves?

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #2  
If you have the skid steer type quick attach AND front hydraulics that will flow the required 20 gpm +/-, it will work. I have one for the skid steer.

I would be careful how you use it since the front of the tractor is not protected like a ss. You are also going to have a lot of weight further forward than you do with a typical FEL bucket. These things are not small nor lightweight.

Ken

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #3  
I recall the set-up, but don't believe it was Rob's. I believe it was on an L series Kubota.

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #4  
I considered a grader blade on my front loader. I dont want it, to much unforeseen stress by the lateral forces that jerk and twist it.

hydro drive with motor and PTO driven pump for that bush hog, is expensive too.

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #5  
I recall the set-up, but don't believe it was Rob's. I believe it was on an L series Kubota.

I remember also-it was not Rob though :confused2: I just searched for 15 minutes with Google and cold not locate it.

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog #6  
Could this be the thread?
Mower on FEL (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Farmerford
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM

/ FEL Mounted Bush Hog
I remember also-it was not Rob though :confused2: I just searched for 15 minutes with Google and cold not locate it.

I searched for it too but was unable to find it also. I don't feel so stupid now. Thanks Thomas, that is it. I am tired of limbs and bushes trying to rake me off the tractor when I bus hog. I am thinking about taking an old 5' bush hog I have and attaching it like this. I was thinking I could use it like Charles did to mow down small bushes and maybe curl it almost straight up to cut limbs off bigger trees. Do you think my tractor would handle a 5' bush hog on the loader? It is a Ford 4610 which is about 50 horse. I think the loader capacity is 2800 hundred pounds. I would attach the hydraulic motor to the original gear box. If I curl it almost straight up I wonder if the bearings in the gear box would starve for oil in that position?