Favorite Gloves?

/ Favorite Gloves? #1  

mason leah

Tractor
Kubota
I'm starting to feel like I have unusual hands compared to most welders, I don't have baby hands, I usually measure for at least a large according to most MFG's palm measurement guides but I don't have big sausage fingers. So I generally either get a whole lot of loose material around the fingers or a glove that catches at my finger tips and restricts movement quite a bit, often both. I've generally used the Hobart premium mig/Kontour gloves you can get at Tractor Supply. I tried the higher end Lincoln gloves you can find at Home Depot, and they were just made for someone with a whole lot shorter and fatter fingers than I have, I thought they would break in some but the stitching is just ripping out and they're getting slightly stiffer the more heat they're exposed to. So I'm looking for new gloves.

Have you guys found any that you prefer far above other gloves?

/ Favorite Gloves? #2  
I have fat hands & short, normal sized fingers. I had a custom made pair. Whites in Spokane, WA.

They fit like a second skin - elk skin. But so damn expensive - only use when driving my truck.

Otherwise - Aerostich ropers work pretty well for me.

/ Favorite Gloves? #4  
I’ve worn Yellowstone Elkskin gloves for over forty years. I think they are the best available. Many options to choose from - just use the pull down menu.
Home - Yellowstone Gloves

/ Favorite Gloves? #5  
I use the DEKO Welding Gloves mostly, which i got for around $12.
These leather gloves are the best tig welding gloves. They’re flexible, lightweight, and breathable – while also protecting your hands and forearms from shrapnel and heat.

Last edited:
   / Favorite Gloves? #6  
I'm starting to feel like I have unusual hands compared to most welders, I don't have baby hands, I usually measure for at least a large according to most MFG's palm measurement guides but I don't have big sausage fingers. So I generally either get a whole lot of loose material around the fingers or a glove that catches at my finger tips and restricts movement quite a bit, often both. I've generally used the Hobart premium mig/Kontour gloves you can get at Tractor Supply. I tried the higher end Lincoln gloves you can find at Home Depot, and they were just made for someone with a whole lot shorter and fatter fingers than I have, I thought they would break in some but the stitching is just ripping out and they're getting slightly stiffer the more heat they're exposed to. So I'm looking for new gloves.

Most comfortable I have ever worn and durable. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&linkId=3fa6d56aaa5286a4cca7b7f234042748&th=1

/ Favorite Gloves? #7  

Boss, bought at Southern States. Protect about half way up the lower arm.

/ Favorite Gloves? #8  
For MIG work, unlined Black Stallion Mighty Migs. Can choose material, pig/cow sometimes deer skin. Prefer unlined gloves for the added flex. Good longevity to price ratio. For TIG a thin pair of deerskins.

/ Favorite Gloves? #9  
I really like Tillman welding gloves. It used to be that gloves, no matter which brand as long as they were high quality, were all the same fit for a particular size. But now it seems like there is a lot of variability in fit. So I go to the welding supply store and try on several glove pairs of the same size to find the best fitting ones. With the Tillman gloves I can always find a few pair that fit perfectly. I use pig and deerskin gloves. The deerskin gloves are perfect for TIG welding small and delicate parts.
Eric

/ Favorite Gloves? #10  
I know what you mean. I'm real picky on my gloves. My hands are pretty much average - not fat or skinny fingers - but the overall size is always a surprise, being between XL and XXL.

Like etpm says I go to a store I now of that has lots of gloves and I'll try on every single pair because they do vary. I want them to be thin leather, perfect fit, and pig or goat leather. Sometimes deerskin. I've got a pair of Yellowstone elk, but they are a little too thick for what I like in a glove. Nice quality, though.
Although I've got several pairs of welding gloves I never use them. Instead I use the thin pigskin and goatskin driving gloves from a men's store.
rScotty