FarmTrack 555 DTC

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC #1  

PatBenkert

Tractor
FarmTrack 555 DTC
I just picked up a 555DTC with a front loader with less than 200 hrs. One owner, no apparent abuse, runs good. Is there any other owners out there that can give me the good and the bad on this model. I know I took a chance on future parts availability. My uses for this machine or going to be around a 15 acre hobby farm. I have a 3-point disc a back blade and farrow drag. Looking for a 2 or 3 bottom plow and brush hog. I like it so far, lots of power but a little noisy. We have been clearing a section of trees and so far so good. Tell me what you have and what you like and do not like.

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC #2  
We have one, it's noisy as ****. Been through two head gaskets and into the rear twice due to bolts coming loose. Parts are not an issue, they are still made in India and ITP can get any part You need. They got me a new ring and pinion right from the factory. Other than those two things it's been a pretty good machine for what we put it through.

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC #3  
I have the early '00 2wd FT60 which is the same tractor. Some time in the mid '00 it was rebadged to the 555. This tractor has just over 2400 hrs and has been very trouble free. I have the 5320 loader/6' box blade/6' rear angle blade/post hole digger/7' boom pole/front bale spear and a 172 Rhino rotory mower. And yeah its a very noisy old style 3 cylinder Ford diesel.

I have a old ex Long and Farmtrac dealer who can get just about any part not found on the net. Also Ford/New Holland can still have parts for a Ford 3610 India made tractor.
I have 40 acres and mow it all a couple times a year mostly to keep the weeds and brush down to help keep deer from hanging around at nite. Damz things are pests.

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC
Thank you for your reply I will keep these isuses on my watch list. Sounds like you work it so yours is tested.

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC #5  
Our 555DTC has done everything that we have asked for it to do. And if I ran across another one would not hesitate to buy again.

/ FarmTrack 555 DTC
Thank you for the reply. I am glad to be getting both good and the bad feedback. So often we only write about the trouble we have with things and forget to talk about good stuff.