FarmTrac Tractors

/ FarmTrac Tractors #21  
I bought a Farmtrac 80 back in the spring. Got 125 hours on it now. Love that Perkins engine and the 12 speed/shuttle tranny. Also got the loader with it. Seems to be a good solid tractor and well made. Dealer here is moving a lot of Farmtrac's. For years we have lost the CIH/JD/FordNH dealers and had to drive 60-80 miles for parts for those. I now have 4 Farmtrac dealers within 50 miles and the closest is 26 miles.

rcmjr

/ FarmTrac Tractors #22  
I also lost a grease seal off my front end loader. Went back to the original dealer, two other Farmtrac dealers, NAPA and tractor auto parts stores, etc. No luck. I THINK we are looking for a M8125 (standard thread) with a Farmtrac part number 87901S8. Farmtrac will only sell directly to dealers. If you find a source, buy two <g>

/ FarmTrac Tractors #23  
I have been considering buying a FarmTrac 300DTC as well, but have been concerned about its reliability and parts availability versus one of the big-3. Are you still satisfied 10 months later? Have you had any mechanical or hydraulic issues?

/ FarmTrac Tractors #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have been considering buying a FarmTrac 300DTC as well, but have been concerned about its reliability and parts availability versus one of the big-3. Are you still satisfied 10 months later? Have you had any mechanical or hydraulic issues? )</font>

We have a local dealer that has sold Farmtrac (Long) tractors for around thirty years, and parts availability has never been an issue in our area.

/ FarmTrac Tractors #25  
Stay away from FarmTrac. We, City, bought three and they have been in the shop more than in the field. They have been in for hand throttle not working, steering column did not have pins installed, foot throttle not working, leaking hydraulic fluid, lights won't work, the list goes on and on. If I were you I would stick with Ford, Kubota, JD or some other major manufacturer.

/ FarmTrac Tractors #26  
What model #'s are they? Where are you located?

/ FarmTrac Tractors #27  
Sorry about the delay in the reply. Here is an update on my 2003 Farmtrac 60. It is a great tractor.

Tractor has 170 hours on it. Oil quantities and grease jobs done on a regular basis.

Two issues. Neutral safety switch went inop. Bipassed with a shunt. Only Dad and I use the tractor so no big deal for me. May go back to dealer for part if I have time. Stiff shifting problem resolved as tractor was used. Works great!

Changed the hydro filter. Anybody know a good replacement? The Farmtrac filter was 10 or 11 dollars.

Lost about two quarts of hydro fluid over the last two years. Res is in main axle housing. Trans is separate. Maybe not up to orange and green standards but OK with me. No oil burn or loss from engine. No oil loss from trans.

Tractor never fails to start rain or shine hot or cold. Tractor loader combo is most useful tool my 70 year old Dad says he has ever used. He's put the most hours on it.

Bought some strapon pallet forks. Dad used tractor extensively for clearing...moving stumps, logs to burn piles etc. Post bulldozer of course.

This tractor has been used...not babied. Do need a grill guard. Dad pranged the front with a stump that rolled back under the FEL. Oops...thats what happens with a working tractor. Used a little Ford blue and some elbow grease. Need to make a grill or find one that fits.

May consider moving up to 4 wheel drive model in future.
My dealer can't keep them on the lot (new Indian made models in 2 or 4 wheel drive).

Happy Tractoring,

45 acres plus lots of other family land. Main use of tractor is lot improvement and general farm implement use.

On the buy list.
Used sickle or hydraulic ditchbank mower.
Grill guard.

Jim

/ FarmTrac Tractors #28  
Jim,

Glad you are having great luck with your Farmtrac. The grill guards you are looking for should be available through your dealer. We get them from an aftermarket company, they are tall so they cover the whole grill and look great in flat black. Let me know if you dealer doesn't have access to them and I will be glad to give you the name of the company he can purchase them through.

We are having the same problem keeping them on the lot...as of this afternoon I am down to 5 new tractors! I usually keep 20 in stock...Farmtrac is doing so well in fact that they can't keep up with orders (which is why we are low).

/ FarmTrac Tractors #29  
What part of Georgia are you in? I would like to come to your lot and see what you have available. I am in the market for a NEW tractor to replace my Shibaura 27 HP and I want about a 37 to 50 HP w/FEL atleast. Maybe even a BH as well.

Jim