Farmtrac/Ford relationship question

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I know you guys have told me this before but I can not remember how old I am let alone this answer. So do any of the Farmtrac models have the same engine/tranny castings as the Ford 3910/3930?

The reason I am asking is I just stumbled upon a post pounder that is off a Ford 3910. If I can find a new Farmtrac that it would bolt right up to without much trouble I would just go that route as I need to replace the Ford 640 anyway. If not then I will have to either find a nice used 3910 or build up new mounting brackets (which isn't too difficult but will take some time to do up)

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #2  
Get the casting number off the Ford and let me know what it is.

There are minor differences that may or may not effect the mounting of a post driver.

Would help to have the post driver number and name.

I am guessing a 555 would mount right up to it. That is the 192 engine and same 8/2 trans as most Ford models.

Tim

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question
I will get a casting number off a friends 3910 later when I get a chance. The post pounder is a old side mount Shaver. I don't know the model number and I can't flip it around to look for one.

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #4  
Robert
don't want to hijack your thread but while their seems to be lots of Farmtrac knowlege here, I have a simular problem. I have a Farmtrac 60 and I also am looking at used Ford equipment/acessories/filters/etc that may fit my tractor. I have the flat fenders and I was wondering how to find what year model this tractor is. Thanks........... Jim

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #5  
look at the trans on the top right side. there is a number starting with a D
this is the production date let us know what it is.:)

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #6  
this tractor has numbers on the RH side on tranny about middle height that reads............................
..............79 7006AA
..............G ...058... 07
............................98... could the last two digit 98 be the year model.
This tractor does have a Made for Long tag model #2060 and a serial #244xxx.

thanks ..... Jim

/ Farmtrac/Ford relationship question #7  
there should be 4 sets of #

Stamped in the flat spot above the side bolt holes