Quick Hitches FarmPro Quick Hitch

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #11  
Neophyte said:
I believe you can purchase just the "U" adapter from Speeco or a Speeco Dealer. The part number is HF141145. Let us know how much it is.

Quick Hitch Floating Top Link Adapter

Called Speeco this morning, and they refered me to a dealer - (TSC in my area).
Apparently they don't sell direct to end users. I'll check them out and see what they want to order one in for me.
I prefer this design to the Land Pride, as it is a one piece design instead of two plates whick would mount outboard of the QH top link. I feel that it should provide for greater utility in a wider range of applications.

Jon

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #12  
GalwayBoy said:
Called Speeco this morning, and they refered me to a dealer - (TSC in my area).
Apparently they don't sell direct to end users. I'll check them out and see what they want to order one in for me.
I prefer this design to the Land Pride, as it is a one piece design instead of two plates whick would mount outboard of the QH top link. I feel that it should provide for greater utility in a wider range of applications.

Jon
Homier says they don't carry the U bracket, that the hitch works perfectly without one. I think I'll try it and let you know.
Jim

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #13  
Neophyte said:
I believe you can purchase just the "U" adapter from Speeco or a Speeco Dealer. The part number is HF141145. Let us know how much it is.

Quick Hitch Floating Top Link Adapter
OK guys, I finally got down to the TSC store and ordered the floating link. It was a little under $25, which included a $5 UPS fee. Should have it in about a week.
Looks like the grass will require one last cut this season to check it out. That is unless it's snowing by then....

Jon

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #14  
So I got the Homier hitch. The box was trashed, so the top pin was missing. I haven't called Homier yet, it just came. Somewhere in the trashing the bottom of the unit got bent inward, so the distance between the bottom hooks is only around 26". I need 27" for all implements. I might be able to bend it out with a hyd jack. It looks like it'll fit the grade box, brush hog, harrows, sickle bar but not the winch - the top link on the winch is too high for this unit.
Still, the hooks are plenty rugged and the welds look ok. I'll see if they'll send along a top pin and try to pry the lower hooks apart. That's the trouble with mail order, the return shipping, but the nearest TSC is an hour each way and that costs something too. If Farm Pro had stuck a chunk of pallet wood in between the bottom hooks it would have shipped fine, I think. Not a bad unit all in all, assuming I can get it to 27".
It looks like there's adjustability of about 15-18 between lower hooks and top hook, my Norse winch is about 22", alas.
Jim

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #15  
Just to update on Homier - I emailed them that the first hitch was bent, and pin missing. After 2-3 days they emailed back and said Cust. Service would be in touch. A day later the CS rep emailed and said they'd send me a new one, keep the first for parts. Today the new one arrived, box slightly trashed, pin missing, but 27" between bottom hooks and straight.
I think that's mighty decent of Homier, they didn't have to send a whole new one. Next I'll see how it works....
Jim

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #16  
To those with quick hitches that are meant to be 27 1/2" clearance and only have 27, use a High-Lift, or Farm Jack(same thing), or even a floor jack with a block of wood to space it out, and jack it out! Most people I know, as well as myself, have done this and once straight it works great! It does seem to be a problem to get the upper link adapter from Harbor Freight.