Quick Hitches FarmPro Quick Hitch

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
   / FarmPro Quick Hitch #2  
ovrszd said:
Hey guys, I bought one of these from Ebay when they were $150 shipped to my house. Now they are down to $115 shipped. Excellent quality, good product, shipped to my house within a week. Check it out if you are in the market for a quick hitch.

eBay: Farm Pro 3 Point Category 1 Tractor Quick Hitch 03986 (item 190038124495 end time Oct-11-06 06:17:23 PDT)
Off topic a bit, but can anyone tell me how the top link works with the plain hook that appears to be the upper attachment point on these hitches? On the website pix it looks like there's a bracket to receive the rear pin on the top link, that's fine. But if you have an implement where the relationship among the three points can change, I guess you need the U-bracket they talk about but don't include, right? In other words, if your upper implement attaching point isn't rigid, you need the U-bracket. Like, I run my brush hog with a chain for the top link, so I'd not be able to use this hitch?
Now I'm more confused than when I started.
Jim

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #3  
so how is it diffrent from the HF version that is half as much?

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch
jimmysisson said:
Off topic a bit, but can anyone tell me how the top link works with the plain hook that appears to be the upper attachment point on these hitches? On the website pix it looks like there's a bracket to receive the rear pin on the top link, that's fine. But if you have an implement where the relationship among the three points can change, I guess you need the U-bracket they talk about but don't include, right? In other words, if your upper implement attaching point isn't rigid, you need the U-bracket. Like, I run my brush hog with a chain for the top link, so I'd not be able to use this hitch?
Now I'm more confused than when I started.
Jim

I hope I understand your concern right. If you wanted to use your chain, you would need some manner to fasten the chain to the quick hitch, maybe by using the U bracket you are referring to. It is designed to be used with implements that have a flexible top link such as a brush cutter.

I couldn't find a picture of one being used with a chain, but here's a pic of the U bracket being used with a flexible top link on an RFM. Hope this helps.

Bottom line I guess is that a quick hitch is best utilized when hitching to an implement with a rigid top link pin such as a Box Blade, Rear Blade, Tote Box, Weight Box, etc.

Attachments

• Lowered until mower wheels touch ground.jpg
    Lowered until mower wheels touch ground.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 633
   / FarmPro Quick Hitch
schmism said:
so how is it diffrent from the HF version that is half as much?

Don't know since I've not compared both side by side. Probably little or no difference. When I bought mine there was a lengthy thread on here with something like 400 replies of people that had ordered the HF quick hitches and finally gave up because they couldn't get them. A lot of posts from people that had gotten one from HF and had problems with the quality. Some even sent them back. If that is still the case then the difference is I have mine and they don't. If that issue is resolved then I would say go for the cheaper one. I'm very content with the delivery and quality of mine as well as the price. I usually build my own stuff and it's not worth building if it can be bought at these prices.

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #6  
i believe homier sells the farmpro brand. i have the farmpro and a friend has the harbor freight. side to side comparison i would have to say no differance at all. probally made by the same chinese company and differant names put on them.

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch
jjcc246 said:
i believe homier sells the farmpro brand. i have the farmpro and a friend has the harbor freight. side to side comparison i would have to say no differance at all. probally made by the same chinese company and differant names put on them.

Yeah, Homier is who I bought mine from. Then I'd say go for the cheapest one that you can actually get. As my Grandpa always said, I'll sell you a new car for $100 but I can't guarantee a delivery date!!! :)

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #8  
ovrszd said:
I hope I understand your concern right. If you wanted to use your chain, you would need some manner to fasten the chain to the quick hitch, maybe by using the U bracket you are referring to. It is designed to be used with implements that have a flexible top link such as a brush cutter.

I couldn't find a picture of one being used with a chain, but here's a pic of the U bracket being used with a flexible top link on an RFM. Hope this helps.

Bottom line I guess is that a quick hitch is best utilized when hitching to an implement with a rigid top link pin such as a Box Blade, Rear Blade, Tote Box, Weight Box, etc.

Thanks for the picture.
I need to make an I-Match work with that same mower, and needed some help to visualize how a floting top link would work with the QH.
Woods makes a kit, but it's rather pricey. Land Pride makes an adapter similar to the Farm Pro, utilizing two plates. I don't see the Farm Pro "U" adapter listed anywhere though.

Jon

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #9  
GalwayBoy said:
Thanks for the picture.
I need to make an I-Match work with that same mower, and needed some help to visualize how a floting top link would work with the QH.
Woods makes a kit, but it's rather pricey. Land Pride makes an adapter similar to the Farm Pro, utilizing two plates. I don't see the Farm Pro "U" adapter listed anywhere though.

Jon
I believe you can purchase just the "U" adapter from Speeco or a Speeco Dealer. The part number is HF141145. Let us know how much it is.

Quick Hitch Floating Top Link Adapter

/ FarmPro Quick Hitch #10  

had a welder make one up for me. charged like $15. works perfect. 2 pieces of 1/2"x1 1/4" stock. bent and welded together with a couple of holes.