Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #11  
Jhenley,
Your HF dipstick is behind the seat on top of the lift arm housing between the bases of the lift arms. Mine is a square pipe plug and has a little u-shaped breather tube soldered in it. Tranny dipstick is on top of tranny and is also a square pipe plug. My 2420 is late 2003 with TY290X 2 cylinder diesel that I bought new in 2004.
BTW, make sure to check the oil in the injector pump before you operate it. Change the oil in the injector pump every time you do an engine oil change. I use engine oil and to fill it to the proper level, add oil until it overflows from the 1/4" overflow tube held on by a slotted bolt head on the side of the IP. This overflow tube/slotted bolt head will be behind the primer pump plunger on the side of the injector pump.
Thank you very much that been very helpful, you have any idea where I can get a Manual for the Farm Pro 2420 ? It is a good running Tractor I like to keep it that way. Again Thanks.

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #12  
I have a FarmPro 2420 380 Series 2004, my problem is I never receive a manual when I bought this tractor I don’t know where to check the hydraulic fluid or drain the hydraulic fluid or check the transmission fluid. If you could help me with this, it will be appreciated. If you could email me a copy of the manual it will be appreciated if you have one. Thanks,
I have a FarmPro 2420 380 Series 2004, my problem is I never receive a manual when I bought this tractor I don’t know where to check the hydraulic fluid or drain the hydraulic fluid or check the transmission fluid. If you could help me with this, it will be appreciated. If you could email me a copy of the manual it will be appreciated if you have one. Thanks,
Firts you need to see which 2420 you have, most were 2 cylinder, at the end of their run they went to 3 cylinder. They were rebranded Jinma 200 tractors, the jinma manual shows both type engines. I can email you a PDF copy of the manual if you need it, I got one online for free.
Thanks for the advice, my FarPro 2420 is a 2004, 2 cylinder. Please email me a PDF copy of the manual that will be appreciated Thanks, Jhenley144@gmail.com Thanks,

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #13  
Mice chewed up ours or I'd scan a copy of it. lol It was pretty useless though overall.

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #14  
Your best bet of getting manuals will be to contact Tommy at AffordableTractorSalesCo.com. I think I have read in older posts that they have manuals available and stock a lot of the parts for these FarmPro/Jinma tractors.

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #15  
Your best bet of getting manuals will be to contact Tommy at AffordableTractorSalesCo.com. I think I have read in older posts that they have manuals available and stock a lot of the parts for these FarmPro/Jinma tractors.
Thanks,

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #16  
Thanks for the previous information on checking the hydraulic fluid on my FarmPro 2420 2cylinder 380 series, do anyone know how to adjust the PTO clutch on this Farm Pro 2420, I cand engage the PTO, but it will grind when I try to engage it. I assume some type of adjustment need to be made, the grinding do stop after the PTO is engage. Can someone please help me with this issue. Thanks,

/ Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #17  
I just did this adjustment on my 284. I'd think your 2420 would be about the same.

Here's a link to a general how-to: John's Jinma Tractor Clutch Adjustment

Here's a link to another, with detailed photos: Keno Tractors Clutch Adjustment PDF

The PTO adjustment on my clutch was extremely sensitive -- I only needed to turn the adjusting nuts about one flat (1/6 of a turn) in order to get it dialed in. Turn too far one way and the PTO clutch slips; too far the other way and it grinds. I had the clutch serviced at a tractor dealer about 10 years ago and they experienced the exact same sensitivity while testing the PTO on a dyno.

Good luck with it,

Last edited:
   / Farm Pro 2420 Maintenence #18  
I just did this adjustment on my 284. I'd think your 2420 would be about the same.

Here's a link to a general how-to: John's Jinma Tractor Clutch Adjustment

Here's a link to another, with detailed photos: Keno Tractors Clutch Adjustment PDF

The PTO adjustment on my clutch was extremely sensitive -- I only needed to turn the adjusting nuts about one flat (1/6 of a turn) in order to get it dialed in. Turn too far one way and the PTO clutch slips; too far the other way and it grinds. I had the clutch serviced at a tractor dealer about 10 years ago and they experienced the exact same sensitivity while testing the PTO on a dyno.

Good luck with it,
Thanks for all your information. I got the tractor running correctly today no more grinding when the PTO is being engaged. Again thanks 🙏