Factory front tires on 1025R

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #11  
Curious as to what the original tires were. My JD came with Carlisle R4s. I punctured a sidewall on one getting into something I shouldn't have. The other is still original after 13 years and 1200 hours. Just looking it appears Carlisle R4s for your tractor are a little over $100 US. By any chance to you have turf tires? They aren't meant for loader work.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #12  
Curious as to what the original tires were. My JD came with Carlisle R4s. I punctured a sidewall on one getting into something I shouldn't have. The other is still original after 13 years and 1200 hours. Just looking it appears Carlisle R4s for your tractor are a little over $100 US. By any chance to you have turf tires? They aren't meant for loader work.
This is my question as well. What type of tires are they, exactly? Can you describe what "trashed" means for the tire that did not burst? I can understand a single tire failure, the one that "burst", but issues with BOTH front tires at the same time seems odd to me.

For perspective, I have a 2005 JD 3520 with 1100 hours that still has the original R4 tires on it. It has a loader and the front tires are cracked and ugly, but they still hold air just fine.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #13  
What tires do you have on it? That's crazy, and that price is even worse.

If you need new tires take the machine, or just the rims, to a tire shop.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R
The tires are: Carlisle Versa Turf 18x8.50R10 4 ply, and are made in China. There are a whole bunch of other various numbers around the sidewall, but aside from what I take to be an equivalent metric size, nothing else I recognize. There is not speed nor capacity value.

The sidewalls are bulged in various places, and the fibers of the plies are nearly visible. There are cracks in the sidewall through which plies can be seen. One of those burst, hence the flat, which made this all apparent. The tires were always inflated to the specified 22PSI, and the loader has been on most of the 240 hours total time on the tractor since new.

By comparison, similar diameter 6 ply airplane tires have lasted me 15 years, as did the front tires on my previous JD650. These tires are pitiful compared to those! Thus, I won't be spending $340 each to replace them!!!

They are a less common size, as the 10' rims rims (which would more commonly be 8") are that size to fit over the front four wheel drive lower gearboxes.

I'm just disappointed in John Deere, why cheap out on tires!

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #15  
That’s a very common tire for these sized tractors. I don’t think JD went cheap. I think you got the wrong tire for your use, you need to switch to R4 tires. I replaced the front tire when I had a BX and didn’t pay anywhere that much for it.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #16  
Yeah, I agree with Dave. So these junk tires aren't R4?

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #17  
The tires are: Carlisle Versa Turf 18x8.50R10 4 ply, and are made in China. There are a whole bunch of other various numbers around the sidewall, but aside from what I take to be an equivalent metric size, nothing else I recognize. There is not speed nor capacity value.

The sidewalls are bulged in various places, and the fibers of the plies are nearly visible. There are cracks in the sidewall through which plies can be seen. One of those burst, hence the flat, which made this all apparent. The tires were always inflated to the specified 22PSI, and the loader has been on most of the 240 hours total time on the tractor since new.

By comparison, similar diameter 6 ply airplane tires have lasted me 15 years, as did the front tires on my previous JD650. These tires are pitiful compared to those! Thus, I won't be spending $340 each to replace them!!!

They are a less common size, as the 10' rims rims (which would more commonly be 8") are that size to fit over the front four wheel drive lower gearboxes.

I'm just disappointed in John Deere, why cheap out on tires!
Turf tires wont do loader work for very long, not John Deere's fault. They are lawnmower tires not tractor tires. Get R4's or similar.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #18  
Turf tires wont do loader work for very long, not John Deere's fault. They are lawnmower tires not tractor tires. Get R4's or similar.
Awww jeeezzz, I missed the word "turf" in his description.

In defense of the OP's position, I'm disappointed in his dealer more than JD. The Dealer never should have let it leave the lot with those tires. The Dealer installed the FEL and didn't upgrade the tires.....

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #19  
Awww jeeezzz, I missed the word "turf" in his description.

In defense of the OP's position, I'm disappointed in his dealer more than JD. The Dealer never should have let it leave the lot with those tires. The Dealer installed the FEL and didn't upgrade the tires.....
Happens all the time, some people strongly object to the R4's thinking they'll tear up the grass. I don't think the R4's on that size tractor do any damage the turfs don't do.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #20  
Because I mow a lot, I considered turfs on my 2320 but when I looked at the load capacity, I realized that the loader would likely exceed the tire rating, so I went with R4s. You can blame the dealer, but if you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the answers. A lot of small tractors have turfs because the owner doesn't expect to do heavy loader work.