3-Point Hitch Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #11  
nice work, beautiful welds. i can't do anything that nice with flux core mig!!! your tractor looks exactly like my john deere 420 from the rear. a 3PH kit for it runs about $300-400. yours looks beefier though.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos
Yes I still need to weld a little piece to the lift arms that I can attach my sway chains to. I already have the sway chain mount right behind the standard hitch. I also may need to put a bend in the lift arms. My cat ) attachments have a 20" width where they attach to the arms. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #13  
Nice project and very nice implementation and workmanship.

What kind of implements do you have in mind for use on the tractor?

I have a nice little grader that flips to turn into a ripper or a plow. I also have a tiller attachment. My tractor already has a 48" belly mower that works very nice as a finish mower. I would love to make a front end loader or get one that would work for such a small tractor like mine 14HP total weight 885 Pounds. I found a cool web site but I don't know if I could tackle such a job. Front End Loader Plans

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #15  
Thanks for sharing your project with us, I really enjoy seeing someone build something like this and have it turn out so well. Nice work!

I did a little more work tonight. Welded on an attachment for the check chains. As suggested by another yanmar owner.
liftarm.jpg

I welded on a pulley hub for the pivot arm.
hubweld2.jpg

hubweld.jpg

This worked out very nice. I will take the shaft to my machinist friend and he will cut a keyway out for me. I also decided to weld on a smaller hub for the push arm pivot I will need to do that later this week. I should be able to test it out this weekend. I also put a coat of paint on the finished parts. Black color.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #18  
Super nice work.

Have you adeed grease fittings for areas that are bushed / rotate?

What will be the lifting force? a smal sa cyl and a spool to tap it off the tractors hyds? or a ready power unit?

thanks for shareing.

Soundguy

Good idea I will add some zerks to make it operate smoothly.
I don't know what the lifting force will be I will have to try it out. It uses the exsisting ram that has a push rod attached to it. The hydraulic ram raises the belly mower deck now and can also raise/lower the 3 Pt hitch.
pushrod.jpg

I gave the lift arm rod to my friend so he can cut some keyways for me. I have also painted most of the parts. I have also been dismantling the tractor so I can paint it. I just sanded and repainted the rear frame and axles of the tractor which had some rust spots on it.