F3060 Not Starting From the Key Starter Switch!

/ F3060 Not Starting From the Key Starter Switch! #1  

arto98607

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, John Deere 440 ICD, John Deere 300
After mowing couple of hours little over week ago I had a no start from the key switch issue and had to take out a multi-tester & the WSM in order to troubleshoot - here's what I found out:

Since I was able to start the engine with a jumper wire from the starter solenoid, I decided to check the key starter (main) switch next and just follow the procedure in the WSM, but all steps checked out fine and the switch was fine. Oh well, I wanted to vacuum clean that area of grass clippings anyway.

Next on my list was checking the seat, PTO & brake safety switches in that order.

• Seat switch had continuity when seated, which is how it's supposed to be.
  • PTO switch had no continuity when PTO was off, which meant it was faulty!
  • Brake switch had continuity when brake was on, which is how it's supposed to be.
It turned out to be a minor adjustment problem in the PTO safety switch "spring" arm - ordered new PTO & brake switches for the next time.

The PTO safety switch is in little awkward to reach spot, but it can be accessed and removed for testing & adjustment without removing the fender.

I have no idea how much it would cost to have this type of minor issue be diagnosed and repaired by authorized dealer since I have never used their services except getting few parts.

PTO and brake safety switches are very similar (same?), except the wire connectors.

Brake micro switch shown:
IMG_4911.JPG

/ F3060 Not Starting From the Key Starter Switch!
Thanks, the timing of this type of issues is interesting sometimes - I was about to park the mower, but decided to stop the engine for few minutes just before parking in the barn, but no go when trying to restart!

Had to get the tractor out and give the mower a gentle pull/push
from the rear counterweight to get it in the shop.

Cheers

Last edited: