Excessive ads?

/ Excessive ads? #31  
Tonight this ad is preventing me from reading the text of the thread. I refreshed the thread multiple times and it was always there.

Attachments

• IMG_4199.png
    IMG_4199.png
    650.4 KB · Views: 45
   / Excessive ads? #32  
Tonight this ad is preventing me from reading the text of the thread. I refreshed the thread multiple times and it was always there.
What device are you using? I see that it's a phone but we can try to replicate.

/ Excessive ads? #34  
Most of my web browsing is on my computer, but I do use my iPhone on occasions. I’ve never had this sort of problem on my iPhone. Using an iPhone XR running iOS 17.2.1

/ Excessive ads? #36  
It's the way you access the forum. I use Linux Mint OS with Firefox browser with Ublock on my computer and Android OS with Brave browser on my phone. There are zero ads.

Mint user here as well. FF w/uBlock, Disable JS button, etc etc.

Need to try Brave on Andriod - thx!

One can do some tricky stuff simply editing hosts file (windoz too).

Run a DNS server on/for LAN. I have a lot of entries pointing to 127.0.0.1, not to mention redirects (like gubmint time resolves to 192.168.x.xxx ntpd, the list goes on). Ppl don't realize, if you use my DNS server, I can know so much about you it's crazy - why you think ggl does it? YOU ARE THE PRODUCT!

LOL

Some of this stuff is basic, some very advanced, depending on what one wants.

Startpage uses ggl results, prefer it over Duck BTW

chrome (choose your poision) setttings are very limited, clunky, hardly ever use it (only testing/troubleshooting, like a windoz box, ipad etc)

Last edited:
   / Excessive ads? #37  
Get rid of Google, switch to a better phone browser such as DuckDuckGo, they don't track your every move!
Whether they track you or not only affects the type of ads you see, not the quantity. Which ones they show me doesn't really matter to me, since I don't read any of them anyway.

/ Excessive ads? #38  
Whether they track you or not only affects the type of ads you see, not the quantity. Which ones they show me doesn't really matter to me, since I don't read any of them anyway.
Nice to not have them there at all though, if you don't want to look at them.

/ Excessive ads? #39  

Nice to not have them there at all though, if you don't want to look at them.
Yes, but that is what an ad blocker is for. My point was that which search engine you use does not effect how many ads you see when viewing the forum, it just effects WHICH ads you see