Ever see a tractor crack in half?

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #21  
I saved these pictures from a local For Sale ad a few years ago. "For parts or repair." Not sure if it ever sold, his asking price was high if I remember correctly, around $30k. Ridiculous. In my opinion, looks like the owner was pounding his tractor over some rough terrain with a grapple that was probably too large for the FEL.

I remember that; the guy abused the hell out of the machine, and got real indignant when the dealer wouldn't cover it.

I purchased my CK from the same dealer, and inquired about the history of that machine, and there was a reason it broke, and that reason is the ID 10-T in the cab.

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #22  
I saved these pictures from a local For Sale ad a few years ago. "For parts or repair." Not sure if it ever sold, his asking price was high if I remember correctly, around $30k. Ridiculous. In my opinion, looks like the owner was pounding his tractor over some rough terrain with a grapple that was probably too large for the FEL.

There was even a thread here on it, if you want to check it out.

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #23  
Broke a previously broken Duetz tractor pulling dirt with a boxblade. The repair didn't hold, and I was the guy in the seat when the center went to the ground. Not a fun ride!
David from jax

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #24  
You can NOT pull hard on the front of a tractor, especially a little tractor!
you can pull them right in half!

If you have to pull one, hook the chain/wire rope under, and to the drawbar, or even better, to whatever the stuck tractor is pulling.

SR

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #25  
Why did that tractor break? Was it just because the front was in the air?
Eric
Not sure if you noticed it, but there is a cable attached to the front of the tractor. Apparently the tractor alone was not enough to get the job done. They were pulling the front of the tractor. Apparently they pulled too hard. Impossible to tell if they broke a perfectly good tractor, or if the tractor had already been abused and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #26  
Eric
Maybe because it was being pulled in half? Something had to give, either the heavy load come out of the mud or the tractor pull in two.

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #27  
I've been wondering for a while whether or not the huge popularity of these grapples is not going to lead to lots of shot front axle seals, bearings, premature wear to loader arms, etc....

Seems some want to overdo it with these things, plus many versions are in and of themselves quite weighty.

Probably seen it right here on this board....little tractor, huge log in grapple. Meh, to each his own....

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #28  
Eric
They were pulling the tractor with a crane's winch. The boom was down and you can see the lower hook pulley on the ground. With the pulley and at least a two part line there were some huge forces at work.

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #29  
Not sure if you noticed it, but there is a cable attached to the front of the tractor. Apparently the tractor alone was not enough to get the job done. They were pulling the front of the tractor. Apparently they pulled too hard. Impossible to tell if they broke a perfectly good tractor, or if the tractor had already been abused and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
I did not see that cable. That explains it. Thanks. You know, after seeing broken in half tractor pictures and videos I am kinda frightened that I may break my YM2310 if I am not careful. That would be a shame because my tractor is such a good machine. It really gets used a lot by myself and my son. It's almost like a good friend.
Eric

/ Ever see a tractor crack in half? #30  
I went and looked a couple times at that video again. Looking at the hook it seems it was jerked and that was what broke the tractor. If I ever need to increase the pulling power of my tractor all the connections will be to the drawbar, there is no way I'm gonna make my tractor a link in a chain. It's funny too, because recently I tried pulling a big log out of the woods but could not get the traction. I considered using a come-along and a strap to pull on the front of my tractor while I tried pulling the log out. I figured the stored energy in the strap might be enough to get the log moving. Instead I just cut the log into a few pieces and used long chain to pull the pieces out.
Eric