Ever Buried galvanized fencing????

/ Ever Buried galvanized fencing???? #11  
Vertical won't deter moles. They dig horizontal. Voles are like mice. A fence won't stop them. They'll climb over it, or dig into a mole tunnel and use the free highway.

If you see nickel-size holes in mole tunnels, that's a good sign that voles are using the mole tunnels. Moles won't make holes in their tunnels to daylight.
We tend to have gophers, not moles or voles where I live. I have found no fencing solution for them. Traps and poison are the only effective options.

/ Ever Buried galvanized fencing???? #12  
Well I must have acidic soil or something because y'alls tales of decade-old chicken wire in the ground sound pretty fanciful to ears trained by my experiences. I would expect a buried hog panel to last a couple of years tops and anything thinner not worth the time to bury it.

/ Ever Buried galvanized fencing???? #13  
Well I must have acidic soil or something because y'alls tales of decade-old chicken wire in the ground sound pretty fanciful to ears trained by my experiences. I would expect a buried hog panel to last a couple of years tops and anything thinner not worth the time to bury it.
Most of the eastern US has acid soil. Most of the of the soil in the west is alkaline,

/ Ever Buried galvanized fencing???? #14  
Not protecting the garden, but when my dogs cross the Rainbow Bridge and I bury them, I put a piece of chain link over them at 6” to keep the coyotes from digging.