Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #12  
So why is EO cost so much more? Regarless, everyone is being dupped over fuel costs these days. If not the state government then just why did they shut down refineries? then right away gas went way up? I will never believe the govmt has no hand in high gas prices, just look at out state tax on gas.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #13  
E10 ruins the carb systems on small engines.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #14  
I don't recall the name but a guy that frequents tractor forums works for the agency that oversees forest fires in California. His full time job is maintaining equipment and supplies stored at remote locations. He replaces gas as part of routine maintenance. His bosses have tried for years to get an exemption to allow ethanol free gas for their equipment but the law stands making it a crime to haul ethanol free gas into the state. And you think regulations in you state are dumb?

/ Ethanol Free Gas #15  
Unless I'm willing to buy in containers it simply is not available for mere mortals to purchase in my California area...

/ Ethanol Free Gas #16  
Anything that goes into 5-gal cans is pure gas for me. With my Mazda commuter car, I fill it up with pure gas as well, and noticed a nice improvement in fuel mileage and driveabliity.

Someone please make me president....I'll do away with that ethanol **** for good!
The Midwest corn lobby and their bought politicians keep the ethanol gas thing going.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #17  
Unless I'm willing to buy in containers it simply is not available for mere mortals to purchase in my California area...
I buy the container 2 cycle gas at Hone Depot and Lowe’s. It’s not cheap, but only use a few gallons per season in my weed wacker.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #19  
i too use E-free gas in all my gas powed tools and mowers, also my ford truck. It is very expensive here and I have to drive 30 miles to get it so try and do my other shopping when needing gas. My state of Wash hates E-free gas making it hard to get in many areas without travel. I think we pay the highest prices here as well for all gas and diesel, like Kalifornia and Hawaii.
I have to drive a bit to get premium, but regular is in town. If you don't have this site, it may help.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #20  
It's my understanding that the ethanol has something to do with cleaner air, not more efficient engines. I run E-0 in all of my small engines except my snowsled, which takes a minimum of 91 octane. It's only 3 years old though, any engine made that recently should be able to handle the ethanol.
Most, if not all E0 gas I've seen has been 90-91 octane. I would imagine that any engine made in the last 20 years should be just fine with E10.
Anything that goes into 5-gal cans is pure gas for me. With my Mazda commuter car, I fill it up with pure gas as well, and noticed a nice improvement in fuel mileage and driveabliity.

Someone please make me president....I'll do away with that ethanol **** for good!
I'll use E0 for things that can go months without being used...ATV, chainsaw, etc. Everything else gets E10. E0 is just too expensive for everyday use.
You don't want to be president...no matter what you do half the county won't like it.