Essential Workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Essential Workers? #241  
I hear ya friend. Waiting for the cancer to spread to my very safe community. Seeing more ”iffy” things happening around here.
The times are a-changing and mostly not for the better.
When 11 year olds are car-jacking and cities are boarding up stores for riots and smash & grab crime, it’s time for BIG change.
Its all about education and parenting.
We need to go back to schools with more strict discipline and reward marriage and good parenting more.

I bet that would solve 75% of this mess we are now in.
I agree, but those are long term solutions...
Right now, we need swift justice and severe punishment to fit the crime. Frankly, I see no problem with chain gangs.
That might sound harsh, but this country is in a "world of ****" (old Navy expression) right now...and it's only going to get worse unless we put and end to this lawlessness ASAP.
And, by that...no gun laws since there's no such thing as gun violence...it's violence, regardless of the method

/ Essential Workers?
Part of the selling of raising the bar was to free up the courts and save the taxpayers money because prosecuting low level crime cost many multiples of the value stolen...

It countered the previous Three Strikes voter approved to lock up repeat offenders...

That was said to cost taxpayers 60 to 80k per year for lock up but the total items stolen might have total only hundreds of dollars.

Detention facilities are closing... opting to diversion programs with mixed results...

The Snow building in Oakland had a bronze copy of the 10 Commandments... had been there for decades but ultimately removed because found offensive... the plaque predated city oversight.

One thing is evident is it only takes a very small number of perpetrators to wreak havoc.

I don't blame the dozens of my Law Enforcement friends for taking retirement and getting out of Dodge... by that I mean their pensions go out of state

/ Essential Workers? #243  
Part of the selling of raising the bar was to free up the courts and save the taxpayers money because prosecuting low level crime cost many multiples of the value stolen...

It countered the previous Three Strikes voter approved to lock up repeat offenders...

That was said to cost taxpayers 60 to 80k per year for lock up but the total items stolen might have total only hundreds of dollars.

Detention facilities are closing... opting to diversion programs with mixed results...

The Snow building in Oakland had a bronze copy of the 10 Commandments... had been there for decades but ultimately removed because found offensive... the plaque predated city oversight.

One thing is evident is it only takes a very small number of perpetrators to wreak havoc.

I don't blame the dozens of my Law Enforcement friends for taking retirement and getting out of Dodge... by that I mean their pensions go out of state
NYC proved the theory of Broken Windows a couple decades ago.

/ Essential Workers?
NYC proved the theory of Broken Windows a couple decades ago.
A wise person told me if you concentrate on the small things the big things often work out...

/ Essential Workers? #245  
Neither do I!
The BS and Monday Morning Quarterbacking by people who are totally unqualified and could never put up with the crap LEO's do, would demotivate anyone.
I think it would be a good idea that anyone pushing for defunding the police or other such nonsense, be required to be a cop for a week or two. Let them get a taste of it...

/ Essential Workers?
Gone on a number of ride a-longs and very eye opening.

At muster given vest to wear, at motor pool given second key for cruiser... shown how to use radio and unlock shotgun... makes it very real when your first call is gunshot victim...

Fastest 9 hours in my life...

The lieutenant I was with said if I tell you to radio or take the car do it without question...

I did go door to door looking for witnesses to the shooting and no one saw anything and the victim was alert but not talking... took a 25 caliber slug in the gut... no exit.

Officer said everyone knows the players but almost never talk to cops... they go for street justice.

Another was a flag down... a woman selling crack was robbed... she was so upset at being robbed she wanted the guy who robbed her arrested for assault... we obliged and arrested both of them and she could not have thanked us enough... it's different on the streets for sure.

/ Essential Workers? #247  
I agree, but those are long term solutions...
Right now, we need swift justice and severe punishment to fit the crime. Frankly, I see no problem with chain gangs.
That might sound harsh, but this country is in a "world of ****" (old Navy expression) right now...and it's only going to get worse unless we put and end to this lawlessness ASAP.
And, by that...no gun laws since there's no such thing as gun violence...it's violence, regardless of the method
Yeah my solutions are intermediate and long term for sure, but you know what? We in this country don’t think long term enough….
We wait for problems to become severe, then overspend and over-correct when it could have been cheaper to address earlier!

”an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”

I do agree we need stricter laws and more aggressive enforcement. These clowns dumping water on cops need a weekend in the stocks in the middle of town. Law enforcement deserves respect, or it’ll get none.

/ Essential Workers? #248  
Thread locked due to excessive political posts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.