Equipment break downs

/ Equipment break downs #12  
Spoke or Dayton wheel...... singledayton.JPG

/ Equipment break downs #14  
You lost me all ready, gee that was quick............

My truck is a Dayton wheel. The wheel is hollow and the hub is as big as the inside and it’s secured with wedges. They were common 30 years ago and older but not so much anymore. I thought a budd wheel covered the rest of them. Most heavy trucks use a piloted hub which is by far the best option. Some use taper lug nuts like most light vehicles use.IMG_9093.JPG

/ Equipment break downs #15  
My truck is a Dayton wheel. The wheel is hollow and the hub is as big as the inside and it’s secured with wedges. They were common 30 years ago and older but not so much anymore. I thought a budd wheel covered the rest of them. Most heavy trucks use a piloted hub which is by far the best option. Some use taper lug nuts like most light vehicles use.View attachment 670333

Its cheaper and faster, less labor to do a brake job on hub piloted wheels....

/ Equipment break downs #16  
My truck is a Dayton wheel. The wheel is hollow and the hub is as big as the inside and it’s secured with wedges. They were common 30 years ago and older but not so much anymore. I thought a budd wheel covered the rest of them. Most heavy trucks use a piloted hub which is by far the best option. Some use taper lug nuts like most light vehicles use.View attachment 670333

HUB pilot and STUD pilot

/ Equipment break downs #17  
Its cheaper and faster, less labor to do a brake job on hub piloted wheels....

Just taking the wheels off the dayton and putting them back on round is a job. Having to pull the 2-300 pound hubs while spilling oil everywhere and probably ruining the seals in the process is a real treat. There’s definitely a good reason why they’re pretty much obsolete now.

/ Equipment break downs
So whats the issues with Bud Wheels, no one likes a square sockets or backwards threads.......... I'm not a fan of split rims they make me nervous putting air in!!!!

/ Equipment break downs #19  
Back in the day when I was around semis and cranes we kept the attached tool in every truck for changing Budd wheels. Many times that tool saved the day but they are somewhat expensive. Ken-Tool Power Wrench Sets for Truck, Farm, Buses, Aircraft, RV's – All Tire Supply

The cranes used Dayton wheels due to less room allowed by the planetary drive on the drivers. They were a good strong system but a pain in the keister to line up on such a big and heavy tire.

/ Equipment break downs #20  
Did some repairs on wood slpitter this afternoon with some low/high 10018 stick. I notice on yesterdays repair job the rods would not run smooth and started extra hard and harder to stay lit for some reason, giving off more spatter then usual, well this afternoon it finally dawned on me after getting all upset and ready to throw the rods as far as could. I had my Dialarc on AC and didn't realize it til after I went through a dozen rods.

I didn't know low/high rods would run at all on AC, they didn't on my old Sears AC buzz box, and they wouldn't run at all on my AC/DC Century welder I had 15 years ago unless on DC. But once I moved the lever didn't they run smooth, gee I thought the rods got old if thats possible or somethings wrong with the Miller Dialarc and I had to invest in a green machine....

All this bracket is, is just to hook my bucket teeth on so to quickly-ish move splitter back and forth.

QzhI5Qrh.jpg

NQ6E3hkh.jpg

kZGGHP2h.jpg

E0MDWNah.jpg

tfjAnNTh.jpg

jaY7Qxzh.jpg

Right on!