Equipment blooper thread

/ Equipment blooper thread #51  
No pics but I forgot about a buried LP tank I had asked the gas company to remove several years earlier and backed over it with my brush cutter. Was a tense moment to look back at the sparks flying out from under the mower and realizing what I had hit. Somehow it didn't ignite the leaking gas. The entire tank was under ground but the top cover for the hookup and gauges was above.

I had called the gas company several times and they kept saying they would come get it but never did. 5 years or so passed is why I forgot it was there. After I hit it I dialed 911 and the fire department responded. When I told them who the tank belonged to and that I had tried to get it removed they were able to get them there on a Saturday with no problem. Gas company hooked a copper tube to it and ran it out 50 feet or so from the tank and lit it to burn off the contents then came back on Monday to dig out the tank.

/ Equipment blooper thread #52  
Nice job on the BB taco and the yard. :thumbsup: I sure do like your Massey...looks like a fine machine.

Why thank you... And she thanks you too!

But ... What's a BB Taco? You're making me hungry

/ Equipment blooper thread #53  
I was referring to your taco'd box blade. Now I'm hungry! Looks like shrimp tacos at Fuzzy's are in my plans today.

/ Equipment blooper thread #54  
I've bent rippers a couple of times on my box blade and once even had a snagged ripper rip out the slot in the square tube. You have to go really, really slowly around places where there are big tree roots; any momentum will do damage before things can slip.

/ Equipment blooper thread #55  
Nice job on that repair and a fine looking tractor you got there. That thing must be a real beast to bend that bracket like that. I'm always nervous about pushing backwards with my box blade I always try to go easy in reverse. I've never seen anything like that before.

/ Equipment blooper thread #56  
I was making a k-turn in front of my barn - had my backhoe dipper extended, so the bucket was sticking straight out behind me, which I completely forgot about. Stuffed the backhoe dipper right through the front of my barn. Then, I was digging dirt out of my barn and hooked the wall next to the door with my 3pt blade, tearing off most of the front wall. I fixed it, then did the exact same thing again the next day. NO PICTURES ALLOWED!!!!!

/ Equipment blooper thread #57  
Nice job on that repair and a fine looking tractor you got there. That thing must be a real beast to bend that bracket like that. I'm always nervous about pushing backwards with my box blade I always try to go easy in reverse. I've never seen anything like that before.

Thanks! Yeah, you definitely need to be careful. It actually does great ripping out roots and small stumps. Acts as a dozer in reverse.

I've bent rippers a couple of times on my box blade and once even had a snagged ripper rip out the slot in the square tube. You have to go really, really slowly around places where there are big tree roots; any momentum will do damage before things can slip.

Never bent rippers, or the slots... Seem others post about it though. This BB seems to be build really stout. Maybe they used harder steel?

I was referring to your taco'd box blade. Now I'm hungry! Looks like shrimp tacos at Fuzzy's are in my plans today.

LOL, ok I get it... !

-----------

Just wrapped up that job, prepped for sod. We bring a Harley rake to chew the top as we lay it (there's a little vegetation left). This was all woods and weeds two weeks ago.

ForumRunner_20150520_144238.png

ForumRunner_20150520_144245.png

ForumRunner_20150520_144245.png

ForumRunner_20150520_144407.png

/ Equipment blooper thread #58  
I was making a k-turn in front of my barn - had my backhoe dipper extended, so the bucket was sticking straight out behind me, which I completely forgot about. Stuffed the backhoe dipper right through the front of my barn. Then, I was digging dirt out of my barn and hooked the wall next to the door with my 3pt blade, tearing off most of the front wall. I fixed it, then did the exact same thing again the next day. NO PICTURES ALLOWED!!!!!

Lol... Bummer! I have a 16 ft tall door on the tall side of my barn... But usually only open it tall enough to get the tractor thru. I was backing into it one day and didn't realize that my front forks carriage was high enough to grab the bottom panel of the door as I backed in. D'oh !!

/ Equipment blooper thread #59  
Tso I haven't bent that part, but I severely bent the lower hitch part.

image-3980963268.jpg

/ Equipment blooper thread #60  
Uh, TSO's blooper isn't shown in the pics. Ask him how much he was paid to do that yard job. :)D)