Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE #1  

future_vision

Gold Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
This has probably has been asked dozens of times with a different model but I am going to ask anyways. I have a Kioti DK6010SE in need of an oil change. What oil is recommended. The manual lists:

Tier2 or 3 (Without dpf) - ApI Ch grade above
Tier4 (With dpf) - ApI CJ grade above
SAE 10W30, 10W40, 15W40

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE #2  
You're more likely to easily find API CK oil, which is fine. In New England if you run your machine in the winter, I would vary from the OEM list and use a 0w 30 or 40 or 5w30 or 40.
I run 0w40 in my 3 machines.

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE
What are your thoughts about using Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic SAE 5W-40? Seems to be popular and good quality.

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE #4  
We all have our preferences, T6 enjoys a good reputation and it's a popular oil. Stick with a CK though for the emissions.

I'm not sure I understand "Stick with a CK though for the emissions.". I'm a first time tractor owner and this is all new. Ultimately, I want to put good oil in my machine so I can run it as long as possible especially since I tend to run it pretty hard.

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE #6  
Just that if your Kioti has dpf emissions it is important to use the correct API oil classification.

Got ya. Looks like the Rotella is a CJ I believe which appears to meet their standards. Any suggestions on a CK classification oil? I'm reading 0W-40 would be best although that is not a weight that is list. In fact, neither is 5W-40

/ Engine oil recommendations for my Kioti DK6010SE #9  
If you are super interested in oil performance in your piece of equipment you could always send out a sample for a analysis. Dont like the numbers change brand and try again.

A Rotella 15W40 should be fine? Average temps usually don't get lower than the teens and typically an average high in the high 70's low 80's