"Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #41  
Thank you mister obvious! ;-)
You asked the question, and I responded directly to your question. I’ve had those heaters for years and they take a few hours to warm up a room. But will keep the room warm.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #42  
You asked the question, and I responded directly to your question. I’ve had those heaters for years and they take a few hours to warm up a room. But will keep the room warm.
Ahhh, the answer to he question.. 'A few hours"

Thank you for your response!

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #43  
To me 1500 Watts is 1500 Watts. Is there anything to show if an oil filled heater puts out more heat than a $19 fan heater? I have lots of those, but yes I would winterize the house.
The best thing I did was replace our fuel oil furnace with propane. We have four, two in house plus a central vented Vermont Castings stove and one in garage. Propane is much more efficient, the exhaust pipe is PVC plastic.
We've got 3 1500 watt fan forced heaters but only run them on low (1 coil). They are cheap and I feel like they're safe when running on low setting.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please
They are cheap and I feel like they're safe when running on low setting.
cheap
That's why I just bought 2 of the "Amazon Basics Portable Radiator Heater with 7 Wavy Fins, Manual Control" $54@.
link
They are extremely basic, NO temperature controls to go wrong. But I've plug in thermostats from the past which have proven to work VERY reliably so I plan on using those to control when the radiators get power ( assuming power is on).
My BIL has an "empty" house just north of me and (previously unknown to me) he's been heating with oil filled radiators to prevent freezing for years.
I also plan on investing in some big round thermometers so I can check the temp, and room with my Wyze cameras. They also look out for intruders (mice).
That setup, heaters, thermostats, cameras, wifi plus our standard practice of turning water off for long term absence.
So for the purpose of this thread the question:
any recommendations for such Portable Electric Radiator Heater, Oil Filled in the 1500 watt size?
has been overtaken by price.
I appreciate the info supplied here, just wish my BIL had spoken up sooner.

And I'm amazed at no mention of pallets or rounded drain plugs.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #45  
Are you sure the motor went out? Check the starting capacitor, a cheap an quick fix.