electric vehicles

/ electric vehicles #111  
Hate to spoil your fun but I think the point he was making was sometimes and in some instances old technology is better suited than new technology. A horse is much better than a car or truck for traveling on a muddy dirt road. I can remember in my youth people using a team or horses to pull a horse pulled heavily loaded wagon out of the mud.

And yes the horse could have carried gasoline to the vehicle as well as extract it from the mud.

The automobile and truck have evolved over the years. Four wheel drive with differential lock will allow cars and truck of today to go about anywhere the horse can.

Who knows what the future automotive industry hold for us? Toyota says they are bringing a 800 mile battery for vehicles on line in the near future and are spending over 6 billion dollars to construct a manufacturing facility in Randolph County NC. Will vehicles with a 800 mile per charge get us out of our internal combustion driven vehicles?

Our forefather embraced technology that would improve their lives and life styles. It seems the people of today prefer to go the opposite direction and resist new technology and say why change something if it was good enough for my grandparent it is good enough for me.

Battery cars aren’t new technology, it’s actually older than gasoline powered vehicle technology . I’m sure there’s an old photo of horses pulling an early electric battery carriage/car out of the mud too.
Battery cars had their growth, and demise many years ago ending when Henry Ford showed the country he could make a gasoline car for 1/3 the price of a battery car. Some things never change 😂
What we have now, is a resurrection of battery cars by government mandates, not by choice of the public because of a more convenient transportation type.
We have gasoline cars now, that can go 45 miles on a little 7 pound gallon of gasoline, and do it with amazing little emissions. Now that’s some technical advancement

/ electric vehicles #112  
Doh! Ya got me there! :rolleyes:

Car gets stuck. Some people look at it and say "My horse never got stuck like that".

Transition to new technology always has some resistance.

Do you own an EV?
I do not. I live in a cold climate out in the country. EV’s would be a step backwards for me

/ electric vehicles #113  
I do not. I live in a cold climate out in the country. EV’s would be a step backwards for me
so any opinion you have on EV's is based on conjecture, speculation, and 2nd hand news.
If I offered the same on tractors but did own a tractor I would right be considered an ignoramus.

/ electric vehicles #114  
so any opinion you have on EV's is based on conjecture, speculation, and 2nd hand news.
If I offered the same on tractors but did own a tractor I would right be considered an ignoramus.
See if I got this straight.
When I by a car I generally keep them for decades.
When I search battery life in an ev car I often see 10-15 years or 12-15 years etc.
But since I don't own a ev and I have no plans on purchasing one because I'm concerned I could very possibly be footing a huge battery replacement bill or throw the car away due to battery replacement cost I must be an ignoramus

/ electric vehicles #115  
I’ve seen that argument thrown around here by you and another lately to attempt to diminish the opinion of non-owners. Me personally, I know more about electric systems, motors, electronics, and vehicle systems in general, than most average EV owners , so I guess I’m kinda qualified to have an opinion.

But actually, your “logic” should be applied everywhere. It’s great…

If you don’t own guns, you shouldn’t comment or voice your opinion on guns.
If you haven’t done hard drugs, you shouldn’t voice your opinion. No experience
Don’t like pit bulls? Do you own one? No, then your opinion is just conjecture, speculation, 2nd hand news.
This could be applied to everything in life
See how that works?

/ electric vehicles #116  
See if I got this straight.
When I by a car I generally keep them for decades.
When I search battery life in an ev car I often see 10-15 years or 12-15 years etc.
But since I don't own a ev and I have no plans on purchasing one because I'm concerned I could very possibly be footing a huge battery replacement bill or throw the car away due to battery replacement cost I must be an ignoramus
The “logic “ is: you’re not qualified to form an opinion on battery cars until you buy one.
Reminds me of the not to distance past famous political stunt : “We need to pass this bill, to find out what’s in it”😄

/ electric vehicles #117  
Yes.. you’re discouraged from having an opinion, till after you’ve spent your money 😉
Like I said I buy a car for long term (decades)
Have the ev pushers here owned the same ev for decades.
If not their opinion to my concern is mute

/ electric vehicles #118  
I’ve seen that argument thrown around here by you and another lately to attempt to diminish the opinion of non-owners. Me personally, I know more about electric systems, motors, electronics, and vehicle systems in general, than most average EV owners , so I guess I’m kinda qualified to have an opinion.

But actually, your “logic” should be applied everywhere. It’s great…

If you don’t own guns, you shouldn’t comment or voice your opinion on guns.
If you haven’t done hard drugs, you shouldn’t voice your opinion. No experience
Don’t like pit bulls? Do you own one? No, then your opinion is just conjecture, speculation, 2nd hand news.
This could be applied to everything in life
See how that works?
Again, you don't own an EV so your opinions about the pro's and con's of owning and operating EV's are pretty much worthless.

Would you value my opinion on tractors if I never owned or operated a tractor?

/ electric vehicles #119  
Like I said I buy a car for long term (decades)
Have the ev pushers here owned the same ev for decades.
If not their opinion to my concern is mute

Explain "EV pushers". I don't recall anyone that owns an EV pushing you to buy one.
I could care less if you never own one.
But any opinion bashing EV's without owning one will be corrected if necessary.

/ electric vehicles #120  
The “logic “ is: you’re not qualified to form an opinion on battery cars until you buy one.
Reminds me of the not to distance past famous political stunt : “We need to pass this bill, to find out what’s in it”😄
You can form an opinion on anything. Just that forming an opinion without personal experience won't be taken serious by me.
I've learned more about EV's by owning and operating than I could by reading biased opinions.
Why do you care if people own EV's? How are you offended?