Electric Chain Saw Recommendation

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #1  

ray66v

Tractor
GC2310,
Can anyone recommend an electric chainsaw worth owning?
I only use one on very rare occasions, but, I need it to work after sitting for years waiting.
My McCulloch recently failed to answer the bell, (even though I put it away with all the fuel run out of it).
I own a Wen, (Piece of crap), and have seen the Makita, (I am not a fan of theirs).
Do you have any suggestions?

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #2  
What about a sawzall with an extra long pruning blade? Might be able to cover two uses this way? You could even get a battery operated one and then have no cords to deal with.

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation
No, Thanks I have Sawzalls.
I just had to cut up some storm damage. Rock hard maple a few pieces were more than 8". This job will required a minimum of a 12" chain saw.

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #4  
I've used one El cheapo electric for about 20 or more years now. Long as the chain is sharp and I use a little patience it still works well.:D :D

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #5  
I have a electric pole saw (Remington I believe) that I bought at TSC for less than $100 bucks and you can also use it like a chain saw. Works great for limbs and small stuff, never had a problem with it. :)

Thanks, Remington has a 16" electric that has my attention.

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #7  
Stihl makes a few electric models that are top of the line. Keep in mind though that you will have to pay for the quality. Most would rather buy a $50 saw every couple of years and throw it away when it doesn't work right.

You should be able to look on their web site and find them. You may also have to get your local dealer to order one for you because I don't know how many dealers keep them in stock.

Ken

I'm not going to get cheap if I can't get anything decent. I am looking for people
to advise me.

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #9  
Looks like a good Stihl electric saw starts at around $300. Most buying these use them for construction jobs like pole framing and tie walls where they need a high quality tool that will last, but are working in doors, or just don't want to deal with a gas saw. I also noticed that unlike most companies, they will give you honest HP quotes!! Someone had a 4.5 HP unit for sale at about what a good bar and chain should cost, yet the $300 Stihl is rated at 1.9 BHP.

The rest seem to rate them the same way they do their air compressors and shop vacs!

Ken

/ Electric Chain Saw Recommendation #10  
ray66v said:
I'm not going to get cheap if I can't get anything decent. I am looking for people
to advise me.
Remington makes a 14" 120 V, 8Amp saw that we use extensively. We chose this lightweight because we run it from the tractors using a 1000 Watt invertor. We have never worn one out because @ $50 we dont treat them with much respect and they get broken first. We have several - all still work. - cheaper to get another than to replace damaged parts. They wont compare with a gas saw when running from the invertor, but when running from house power they do noticeably better. You may or may not need to go to the bigger version.
larry