Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #21  
Here's a pic of the WT300. Interesting tire.

image-3149200156.jpg

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #22  
Congrats on your ZD326. Great machine. Parts are expensive. I have the ZD331 72", now 9 years old. Only problem I've had is the bevel gearbox on the deck. I did not regularly check the oil level thinking if it leaked I would see a puddle or something. This thinking led to running the gearbox with little or no oil in it. What happens is the bottom seal will leak a small amount over time, and the leakage gets slung out by the pulley under the seal, making it hard to detect.
Expensive lesson learned.....check the oil with every use.
The cost of a new gearbox=$1000.00 (part alone)
The cost of 2 bevel gears alone=$532.00

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #23  
Congrats on your ZD326. Great machine. Parts are expensive. I have the ZD331 72", now 9 years old. Only problem I've had is the bevel gearbox on the deck. I did not regularly check the oil level thinking if it leaked I would see a puddle or something. This thinking led to running the gearbox with little or no oil in it. What happens is the bottom seal will leak a small amount over time, and the leakage gets slung out by the pulley under the seal, making it hard to detect.
Expensive lesson learned.....check the oil with every use.
The cost of a new gearbox=$1000.00 (part alone)
The cost of 2 bevel gears alone=$532.00

Thanks for posting this, I thought the same as you but now I will periodically check the gear box level.

I can't believe the cost of Kubota's replacement parts, even the automakers aren't this greedy. I paid $28 for a plastic inset for my fender where the remote hydraulic controls pass through.

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #24  
Thanks for posting this, I thought the same as you but now I will periodically check the gear box level.

I can't believe the cost of Kubota's replacement parts, even the automakers aren't this greedy. I paid $28 for a plastic inset for my fender where the remote hydraulic controls pass through.

Good info to have regarding the gearbox, I'll keep a check on that.

I took delivery of a new ZD326 last week to replace a ZG222 that was a little small for what I was asking of it. Needless to say I stuck the zd326 twice in areas that the ZG222 would mow through with no issues. After doing some research over the weekend I ordered a set of the WT300 tires and they arrived today. I'll get them mounted up tomorrow and post some pics soon. I hope the tires will give the new machine the same terrain capabilities as the lighter zg222 it replaced.

Other than getting stuck and spinning a lot the ZD326 is a heck of a machine and should last me for many years.

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #25  
   / Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #26  
Good info to have regarding the gearbox, I'll keep a check on that.

I took delivery of a new ZD326 last week to replace a ZG222 that was a little small for what I was asking of it. Needless to say I stuck the zd326 twice in areas that the ZG222 would mow through with no issues. After doing some research over the weekend I ordered a set of the WT300 tires and they arrived today. I'll get them mounted up tomorrow and post some pics soon. I hope the tires will give the new machine the same terrain capabilities as the lighter zg222 it replaced.

Other than getting stuck and spinning a lot the ZD326 is a heck of a machine and should last me for many years.

I have a John Deere Z820A and I'm intrigued with the WT300 tires. My tires are 24x12 and after several internet searches can't find them in that size. Anyone else using that size?

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1462451175.745176.jpg

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #27  
Good info to have regarding the gearbox, I'll keep a check on that. I took delivery of a new ZD326 last week to replace a ZG222 that was a little small for what I was asking of it. Needless to say I stuck the zd326 twice in areas that the ZG222 would mow through with no issues. After doing some research over the weekend I ordered a set of the WT300 tires and they arrived today. I'll get them mounted up tomorrow and post some pics soon. I hope the tires will give the new machine the same terrain capabilities as the lighter zg222 it replaced. Other than getting stuck and spinning a lot the ZD326 is a heck of a machine and should last me for many years.

Looking forward to your photos. What kinda of terrain are you getting stuck on? I only have gotten my ZD stuck when I got too close to mud on along a creek bed.

Also what kinda of grass are you mowing? Lawns or field grass? Very curious how bad the new tires chew up the yard. (0:

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #28  
I had a ZD326 and have mowing around ponds (wet) and dam slopes (slippery). I couldn't mow dam slopes up/down, because of blog areas below the dam, so I side hilled. One pond dam I could do it, but over time, the 'crabbing' of the ZD was tearing the grass, and you could see the track stripping the side of the dam. The other bigger dam...was not doable.

I traded for a F3680. Much better I can side hill both dam ponds....seldom get stuck (I have) unlike the ZD which was almost everytime I mowed. BUT....on the bigger dam pond, I'm at the limit. The F3680 does the crabbing act a bit, the 4wd keeps it there...but would like more grip.

My tires are 24x12x12...those F series users, you think these 26x12x12 tires would work on the F series??

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #29  
I had a ZD326 and have mowing around ponds (wet) and dam slopes (slippery). I couldn't mow dam slopes up/down, because of blog areas below the dam, so I side hilled. One pond dam I could do it, but over time, the 'crabbing' of the ZD was tearing the grass, and you could see the track stripping the side of the dam. The other bigger dam...was not doable. I traded for a F3680. Much better I can side hill both dam ponds....seldom get stuck (I have) unlike the ZD which was almost everytime I mowed. BUT....on the bigger dam pond, I'm at the limit. The F3680 does the crabbing act a bit, the 4wd keeps it there...but would like more grip. My tires are 24x12x12...those F series users, you think these 26x12x12 tires would work on the F series??

Maybe... But is yours 4wd? Sounds like you were really pushing limits on the ZD.

/ Ecstatic with the purchase - ZD326H 72" deck #30  
Maybe... But is yours 4wd? Sounds like you were really pushing limits on the ZD.

Yes the F3680 is 4wd. A limited slip turf friendly version which is in use all the time, and ability to lock it in for the tougher areas. So...ratio between the axles with change in tire size comes into play, but not sure it's enough difference to be a concern.

Yes, my areas to mow was past the limits of the ZD.