Easy Rear Remotes for Kubota L3400

/ Easy Rear Remotes for Kubota L3400 #1  

BLSXJ

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Earlier this spring I acquired a flail mower with a hydraulic side shift kit for a price I could not pass up, But my L3400 did not have rear remotes. I did have to option of removing the side shift kit, or modifying it for manual shifting, but after some thought I figured I could get a lot of use out of rear remotes. I did consider a 3rd function for the loader, but with little desire for a grapple, and only a LA463 loader the 3rd function had little value.

I looked around, found a few options but decided to go with Tractor Innovations Remote Hydraulic & Hitch Kits | Tractor Innovations

They offer a simple "plug and play kit" that uses a diverter valve. Install was easy and quick.... the hardest and longest part was securing the lines to the back.

I choose to use my bucket curl circuit... so when I push the joystick to the right.... my flail mower moves to the right.

IMG_5281.jpg
IMG_5282.jpg

I'm happy with how it works, fits etc. hope this gives someone some options

/ Easy Rear Remotes for Kubota L3400 #2  
If all you need is a single remote, that's not a bad way to go. Even cheaper if you source the parts yourself.

For me, sourcing the parts myself, for 3 valves, Top-N-Tilt, plus a grapple was not much more money than what that is listed for. BUT that was several years before prices went bat-chit crazy.

/ Easy Rear Remotes for Kubota L3400
I don't doubt that several years ago things were cheaper... and maybe if you have easy access to suppliers that can fabricate hyd. hoses and provide all the fittings you might do it cheaper.

I live 80 miles from a big city in Canada.... the time (and fuel) it would take me to hunt down all the parts with the confidence it would just "plug in" simply did not justify the potential savings.

I bet you if I counted every minute I spent ordering, unpacking, installing and testing I doubt I'd reach 60 minutes. Maybe when I have less on my plate I'll tip the scale from money to time... but right now this worked.

/ Easy Rear Remotes for Kubota L3400 #4  
I have to admit, I have a few hundred $$ in left over parts. Extra parts so I would not need to order more the first time. ...and yes, I did need to order more parts, the correct parts!!

You are also correct that it too took lots of time to gather up the parts. That was actually in my favor since I bought the top-link used... then months later got a great deal on a used side link here on TBN. It did take me several months to figure out how to hook up hydraulics so they work and what the terminology all meant.

In the end, time was money but I also got a great education on the subject.