Oil & Fuel eagle2426

/ eagle2426 #11  
I understand the new fuel caps but just try it with the cap loose. Nothing to lose.

/ eagle2426 #12  
Is there any chance you're damaging the filter when you install it? Possibly creasing it in the middle or something like that?

/ eagle2426 #13  
i have a CT122 bobcat tractor. the fuel filter keeps on collapsing inside the clear bole it is in. I have done everything i know to do : took the tank off and cleaned it just in case any dirt was in there, took of the housing where the filter attaches to. took off the hoses flushed and blew them out, got fresh fuel from different place. I even got a new vent fuel cap for the tank. The new filter I put on is starting to do the same thing. This has me baffled. Any suggestions as what the cause might be??

How long can you run the tractor with a new filter before you notice it collapsing? I'm assuming you have already removed the supply hose from the filter housing and observed good fuel flow. Its been a while but I seem to remember there might be a screen in the tank. :confused3:

/ eagle2426 #14  
One thing to check. Once when changing my filter I too collapsed a new filter. What I found is when I took the old filter out the top metal filter cap on the old filter stayed in place Take a look to make sure the old metal filter top cap is not stuck in the housing. You cant see if if you dont look close as it looks normal until I pried it out.

/ eagle2426 #15  
One thing to check. Once when changing my filter I too collapsed a new filter. What I found is when I took the old filter out the top metal filter cap on the old filter stayed in place Take a look to make sure the old metal filter top cap is not stuck in the housing. You cant see if if you dont look close as it looks normal until I pried it out.
Yes,Yes. I have seen that before. :thumbsup:

/ eagle2426
to all of you that commented about my fuel filter problem on my ct 122, thank you. when i get a chance i'll show the pics on what i did. I put a spin on filter system on the tractor and works great. thanks again