Oil & Fuel eagle2426

/ eagle2426 #1  

eagle2426

Tractor
2010 Bobcat CT-122
i have a CT122 bobcat tractor. the fuel filter keeps on collapsing inside the clear bole it is in. I have done everything i know to do : took the tank off and cleaned it just in case any dirt was in there, took of the housing where the filter attaches to. took off the hoses flushed and blew them out, got fresh fuel from different place. I even got a new vent fuel cap for the tank. The new filter I put on is starting to do the same thing. This has me baffled. Any suggestions as what the cause might be??

/ eagle2426
ok i stand corrected. you do have the same filter setup. i looked it up after i sent you a responce

/ eagle2426
the filter is a bobcat dealer one. i even tried a napa and it still dose it

/ eagle2426 #5  
What position is the fuel valve - is it on on, or vent?

/ eagle2426 #6  
Probably a stupid idea but what about loosening the fuel cap and just see if it makes a difference. Sure sounds like a vacuum being pulled.

/ eagle2426 #7  
Probably a stupid idea but what about loosening the fuel cap and just see if it makes a difference. Sure sounds like a vacuum being pulled.
Agreed :thumbsup: May want to check fuel lines too. I've seen them collapse internally and restrict flow.

/ eagle2426
To all of you that have suggested things thank you!!. First the fuel valve is on. Second new vented fuel cap and fuel lines are regular the rubber lines not steel or other, and are not collapsed. Have checked lines all the way up to the pump. Yes it dose sound like vacuum is pulling it closed. Here's the thing about that...wouldn't the fuel line from the filter going to the pump be collapse also since there not steel?? I even called the dealer and he told me I did everything that they would do. It has got me baffled. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? LOL

/ eagle2426
My pics and vedeos from phone 001.jpg My pics and vedeos from phone 002.jpg My pics and vedeos from phone 004.jpg Here is the fuel filter I am talking about

/ eagle2426
The owners manual shows the valve in the down position like in the pictures