EA grapple not an option now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #81  
If I was in the market the Frostbite would be my choice.

I looked around those and they are in budget, but I can't wrap my head around the narrow width and single thumb for brush work. They are light, due to smaller size. Their website gives almost zero useful info.

I am ticked that EA fell apart because (surprisingly), my home CFO made my budget big enough that I could have had one.

I'm still researching. I think I've decided on Root/Brush style rather than Rake/Clamshell style. I appreciate new brands to research. Once I get done, I will 'publish' my findings to help future buyers.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #82  
I'm still researching. I think I've decided on Root/Brush style rather than Rake/Clamshell style.
Good decision. I made the same decision after having both styles.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #83  
Checked out raptor. A little short on details. The 'tractor' versions are only the clam style and are very light. That could be good or bad. 60 or 72". I'm thinking 66" is my sweet spot. Just a bit narrower than my tractor. +/- 6" is not a deal breaker though.

The Skid ones say they have 72, 78 and 84", but only allow you to choose the 78 or 84. They are a bit on the heavy side, but so have 3" cylinders, which is big compared to most I have researched.

No info on steel quality, cylinder length or tine spacing.

Why are so many of these working out of NC?

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #84  
I checked those who had grapples around here when I was deciding. Almost 100% had the rock/root style.

This is my Land Pride SGC1560. 60 inches wide - 820 pounds of AR400 steel.

Also - this is how I had my grill guard modified. Saves the grill, radiator and battery from sticks, stobs and limbs.
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #85  
1712272970749.png

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #86  
Also - this is how I had my grill guard modified. Saves the grill, radiator and battery from sticks, stobs and limbs.
Good idea. A couple of weeks ago I walked past my tractor and noticed a fir limb sticking out of the grill. No idea when it got there, but it left a 5 inch gash. Luckily my radiator is intact.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #87  
Really like that grill guard. Good job.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #88  
Nice thing about Homestead, they have grill guards for some makes/models.

1000001855.jpg

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #89  
Humorous note. I had a young fellow, at the local welding shop, make up the grill guard. He wanted to paint the upper two quadrants as big eyes. That center piece - he wanted to paint red - as a big tongue.

Being somewhat of a stick-in-the-mud - I declined his offer. All black was just fine for me.
IMG_0016.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.