dump trailer pricing

/ dump trailer pricing #1  

OkeeDon

Veteran Member
I'm ready, still have to convince the CFO, but I want to get all my marbles in a row before I start "selling" her. I found this dump trailer only 2 hours from my property; I can pick it up, so freight is neglible. I would have to pay tax, around 6-7% depending on the local option in that county.

<font color="green"> 2004, FLORIDA FACTORY DIRECT NEW 14,000GVW DUMP TRAILER 6'x12' box w/24" sides, tandem 7000lb axles, elec brakes, new 8 lug 16" 10-ply tires on wht spoke wheels, split rear tailgate, H/D diamond plate fenders, dual hyd remote controlled rams w/power up and down, lockable battery box and deep cycle battery, $3695, add $100- for ramps </font>

I want the ramps, and assuming the max tax, that's $4060.65, plus maybe $39.35 to drive over there and back (I like to round things off), or a total of $4,100 ready to use.

Does anyone know where I could beat this price, delivered?

Or, has anyone heard of a reasonably priced used one in the deep Southeast? The least expensive used one I've found is $2,950, and is a considerable distance, which would bring the price to within $700 or so of the new one.

Attachments

• 326752-dumptrailer.jpg
    326752-dumptrailer.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 541
   / dump trailer pricing #2  
Up our way in lower New England, that trailer, being maybe a Bri-Mar brand would cost all of 4800 and probably a little more.

/ dump trailer pricing #3  
My neighbor sold an almost new one that sounds about the same as your example for $2500 (no tax).

Rich

/ dump trailer pricing #4  
Don,
This was not in the deep Southeast, but I saw one go at auction the other day. It was a 14' EZ Dumper 12-14,000 capacity. Went used (repo-ed) for $3200.

/ dump trailer pricing
Rich and Jerry, that's sounds encoraging. Now, all someone has to do is tell me about one before the fact. I'm willing to travel some if it's cheap enough, but probably not more than 700 or 800 miles - which covers to Virginia, Tennessee, and points between.

/ dump trailer pricing #6  
There aren't many points in between VA and TN. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ dump trailer pricing #7  
Don, I have been looking for one too but determined for me it would be too much money for too little time of use. Already have two trailers. I found a place that rents one in the Stuart area for I beleive under $100 a day but it is hit and miss as to wether they have it or not so far I have only had misses. But, they also sell the U-dump brand forgot the prices.

/ dump trailer pricing #8  
FWIW my brother just bought one that sounds very very similiar to what you have in AZ. He paid 3800 but I'm not sure if that includes tax/license, etc. On the positive side, he has used the crap out it, and has had numerous people at the dumps asking to buy it from him. He figures that he can use it for the six months that he needs it and sell it very easily for within $500 of what he paid for it. (figures that's pretty cheap rent)

Just my .02

Have a good one,
Dave

/ dump trailer pricing #9  
I found mine a few years ago, from a builder who was going out of business, for $1200 slightly used. It's a U-dump 14'x6' with twin cyl and dual axiels. Heavy duty ramps too. The wheels sit outside the bed so it sits pretty low.

Good for mulch and sand, wet dirt gets pretty heavy, make sure you check your lug nuts often.

gary

/ dump trailer pricing
<font color="blue"> There aren't many points in between VA and TN. </font>

Good one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif After I wrote that, I thought I could have been a bit more clear; between VA/TN and me! But, I was too lazy to correct it. I actually have a cabin in West Jefferson, NC, which is about 25 miles from VA and about the same distance from TN. My ulterior motive in mentioning those locations was that if I found a trailer in that neck of the woods, I could combine it with an inspection visit to the cabin...