Dual hydraulic remotes

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
So, refresh me! My experience with tractors prior to this new 4820, were 1960s Farmalls. I have two spools, one lever has a very light touch, detents at both ends, snaps back to center with a light touch.

The other has no detent, stays where you place it, and it is quite tight to actuate. Very tight.

Im getting a hydraulic top link this week, and I see no way to really feather the second spool mentioned. It is really tight. It’s not in the linkage, but the spool itself. Also, it just stays where you put it, it does not return to center on its own. Does this seem normal?

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #2  
Sounds correct only it should not be stiff. Mine moves quite easily. In fact some people have accidentally bumped the handle and then wondered why the 3pt quit moving.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #3  
The first unit sounds like a self canceling valve. You put the valve in the detent position at either end. The rod goes to the end of it's stroke and then kicks out and into the center-closed position. Stay out of the detent positions and the valve acts like a std spring return to center valve.
The 2nd spool is a detent spool, intended to be used to supply fluid to a backhoe or a log splitter as examples. While it can be used for a cylinder, pretty much a PITA.

Maybe check with your dealer and see if there are alternative types of valves available.

Good luck.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes
Sounds correct only it should not be stiff. Mine moves quite easily. In fact some people have accidentally bumped the handle and then wondered why the 3pt quit moving.
It’s realllly stiff. Dealer told me about it… said it may loosen up? The detent spool is easy peasy. Ill use the detent for the top link

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #5  
It’s realllly stiff. Dealer told me about it… said it may loosen up? The detent spool is easy peasy. Ill use the detent for the top link
Interesting. Wonder if they changed valve suppliers? Next time you are at the dealer check some other tractors. I use my Detent valve to work a cylinder all the time. Not too bad once you get use to it.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #6  
I don't think Branson offers a self cancelling spool valve. Only a Spring to center and Detent one but could be wrong. The spring to center one should be nice and smooth with very good feathering ability.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #7  
If yours comes with dual remote, one is usually detent. And the 2nd is a spring back to center (usually) I have a dual kit I'm about to install on my T474, it comes with the option to have both as detent, but will not be if you leave the detent module off.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #8  
Mine (5 years old) came with two spring to center valves. The valves are back on the top of the transmission case and there's a Rube Goldberg linkage to go from the levers to the spools. I'd check those linkages are not binding.

My preference for tilt and top would be spring to center but if the detents take some force to get into and are easily avoided that's fine.

/ Dual hydraulic remotes #10  
Mine also came with the first one being a detent style, and the second one was a spring return to center.