Drying a wet road

/ Drying a wet road #21  
Hayden - Very nicely done! So you found the T-n-T useful, eh? I agree with you - on jobs like that, it really shines. You should have a lot less problem with rutting and potholing with the road crowned like that. Looks like a top-notch job.

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Drying a wet road
I sure did find it useful. This is where the Tilt part really shines (are you reading the Glennmac?). It would have been torture to manually adjust for all this. I also finally got around to putting the adjustable link on the left side in place of the fixed length, and adjusted it to the mid extension length of the right hand hydraulic cylinder so now I have equal tilt to the left and right.

Despite the indespensible value of the Tilt for a grader or box scraper, it is true that hydraulic tilt is at best benign, and sometimes a nusance for other implements that don't want to be tilted like mowers, chippers, and winches. I'm now willing to pay the price.

/ Drying a wet road #23  
Interesting project. I got draining to do, but not on roads.

OK, I'll concede that you found a use for tilt. But pulllleeeeze confirm that you did not use a boxblade. It is the combination of t&t and boxblades that I find so improbably utilitarian. I still claim that, for people who live in igneous hill country, when you multiply the probability that tilt might be useful by the probability that a boxblade might actually be useful, and divide the result into the total cost of the installed hardware, you get a cost/performance ratio approaching infinity. (This is called smoking up an unprovable claim with bogus mathematitical lingo.)

/ Drying a wet road #24  
Spoken like a true lawyer. What does it mean?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Drying a wet road #25  
glennmac - Boy, that sounded good. You would've convinced me, if I'd been able to understand it. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hey, remember that guy on one of the Crocodile Dundee movies who said "I'm in! I'm in! What are we doing?" That turned out to be one of my favorite lines. Anyway, I can relate... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ Drying a wet road #26  
Glenn
I had to double-checked your profile. I see you are an Attorney and do not have a box blade or tip and tilt. Hmm I don't know what this tells me?? But your message didn't say anything I understood either. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Drying a wet road #27  
Ron - Hmmm, I think I understood what you said. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ Drying a wet road #28  
OK, OK. I'll dry up. It's just that oozy mud and boxblades individually can drive me to madness. And when you multiply them together in the same thread ...

By the way Ron, your profile suffers from the dreaded quote-mark disease. None of your attachments show up because you put a double-quote after 72. This mysteriously makes everything after it disappear. Muhammad has promised to fix this when he retires from literary circles. The temporary fix is to replace """ with "inch". Then we will be able to see all the improbably utilitarian gadgets you have acquired.

/ Drying a wet road #29  
Glenn
Thanks for the input on profile of tractor attachments. I changed it so you can see I have to many attachments. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Tried to add one last item that I don't have. It got cut off. I may have more but I can't remember where they are anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Drying a wet road #30  
Ron - Hey, lots of attachments! I'm glad you managed to get T-N-T in there before it cut you off... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif