Driveline for pto generator

/ Driveline for pto generator #1  

Swblack1216

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck25, Ford 4500
I am confused by all the different PTO drive lines just picked up a winpower generator 30 KW. 6spline at generator six spline at my PTO Tractor side. what PTO drive line do I specify in my search

/ Driveline for pto generator #2  
Just search 6 spline PTO driveshaft. The descriptions will tell you what the configuration is.

/ Driveline for pto generator #3  
Tractor end is pretty standard at 1 3/8” 6 spline, the generator end depends on how it was built, is it also splined, keyed, shear bolt, etc

/ Driveline for pto generator #4  
He said what he had. 6 spline on both ends. Typical for a Winco.

/ Driveline for pto generator #5  
My guess is it will be 1 3/8", like on the tractor, on both ends just a matter of length. It's nothing special, local farm store will probably have what he needs in stock

/ Driveline for pto generator #6  
You can get a driveline at someplace like Tractor Supply much cheaper than they will sell you one at PED.

Got mine at TSC then cut it off to the length I need. Works fine.

Also mounted the generator on a 3 point hitch frame, and welded legs on it so that when set on the ground, the driveline is level with the PTO shaft on the tractor.
That way, when you engage the PTO, the generator won't go flopping around and kill someone. Added a scrap sheet metal roof because my electrician said rain could cause issues.

7tacBgJ.jpg

AE5dyCY.jpg

MvcxlER.jpg

/ Driveline for pto generator #7  
The different classes / categories of pto shafts are hp related from small to larger.
Bare Co USA - P.T.O. INDEX

One thing you might wish to consider would be a over running / free wheeling clutch. This will
reduce the wear on your tractors pto brake from trying to stop the generator spinning when shutting it down.

The 3 point mounted generator chassis are nice and compact, but that also means tighter and for me at least more difficult to get in and connect the pto shaft. I prefer a trailer mount with a longer driveshaft that I can actually straddle and hold up to connect.
Much easier on my back while hooking up. And lots more room to reach around and work with.

gen2.jpg

/ Driveline for pto generator #8  
Run mine off my lawnmower

Attachments

• PIC00017.JPG
    PIC00017.JPG
    807.7 KB · Views: 55
   / Driveline for pto generator #9  
Need the right length and category for 60hp. Found a long 35 hp shaft for my 10kw Winco on Amazon for $80. Had to cut about 10” off.
IMG_2819.JPG