Dream Realized

/ Dream Realized #11  
Congrats

The Kubota manuals are really good. They are also well illustrated and worth cover to cover reading for both operations and maintenance.

Most common new problem for me was not taking the parking brakes off. The brakes are good, but the tractor is so strong, it will drive right off with the parking brakes on. The L series have a brake warning light, but mine does not. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

You will really enjoy the loader. Kubota has a good grill guard. You will soon see why. A loader is the handiest accessory there is and also a potentially dangerous one. Something not secured to the bucket can roll back on your tractor, or worse yet land in your lap! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Congratulations on your new tractor. Let us know how you like the canopy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Dream Realized #12  
So Mister Forum Master, where did that interesting photo end up? I looked a few times, but never found it, then again I'm not all that savy (maybe impatient is a better word) when it comes to the Web. Right after I get a new tractor, I'll shoot for a DSL line. Rat...

/ Dream Realized
Wen,
You hit the nail right on the head with the brakes. I drove the tractor off the turck with the brakes on and wondered why it seemed to be straining. Live and learn.
The canopy was a must for me as I have 5 acres of open pasture land that I call lawn and it gets real hot out there when you are mowing. If you are thinking about getting one, E-Mail me at Kiteflyr@hotmail.com as I have spoken to Tel-Trax and they have some interesting deals for the private consumer rather than through a dealer.
Last night consisted of reading and re-reading the manuals. Today my son and I are going to try out the mower and loader.
Thanks for the kind words
Dale

/ Dream Realized #14  
I've had my 2710 just more than a year and am very fond of it. Be sure to buckle your seatbelt and keep the ROPS on there. Try not to run over your tools with the cutter, and lower the loader bucket before driving into the garage.

I sure wish I had a canopy as its real hot down here in Texas (not now, but usually). It seems though, that it only does some good when the sun is straight up.

/ Dream Realized #15  
Alan, I believe the genuine Kubota canopy was $395, but when I bought my B2710, the dealer installed a Wells Ag Co. (Waco, TX) canopy for $295. Mine is insulated steel painted to match the tractor, but I had a choice of that or unpainted diamond plate aluminum for the same price. I love it; couldn't do without it. And it's big enough that it does a lot of good whether the sun's straight up or not.

Bird

/ Dream Realized #16  
I know the feeling, mine came once, left and then retuned the next day!!! Have fun and be safe.I don't know much about the smaller tractors but if its got a GSH trans DON'T shift speeds, up or down while going up or down a hill!!!! I found out last night the scary way. I did read the manule but I gusse it didn't sink in. Any way IM sure you will have years of fun./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Dream Realized #17  
What happens if you shift on a hill?
Did it give you a tight hiney?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
That learning curve can be pretty steep!!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
gordon

/ Dream Realized #18  
Congrats DaleW!
I feel you made a good decision in your tractor purchase. Kubota may be built in Japan but, look at the american car makers who have made attempts to follow after the Jap. way of building excellence. You might even DCC JimBinMi a can of Orange paint. that might help his 18.5 NH. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif <font color=orange> Operate Safely

/ Dream Realized #19  
Rich - Did I ever mention that HST transmissions were safer than GST's? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I think maybe I did, but it was buried in amongst all the other advantages, so you might've missed it. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Dream Realized #20  
Bird, does the company you got your canopy from have a web site? I'd like to replace my Kubota plastic one with a diamond-plate aluminum one sometime. Mine got broken when a tree fell on it. (Not too bad - I was able to repair it with Marine Goop.) I'm not sure how it happened, but it might have been related to the fact that I was pulling the tree over at the time. Should've used just one more chain...

Mark