Draw bar use

/ Draw bar use #1  

Grjfer

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS mt225s
Took delivery of my Mt225s last Friday. Really liking it so far. I do have a question about the specific use of the the draw bar though. Guessing it's for how I have mine currently set up?

Attachments

• PXL_20220702_224528708.jpg
    PXL_20220702_224528708.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 212
   / Draw bar use #2  
mount it all the way in towards the front of the tractor. Extend it when you need to.

The way you have it in the pic will interfere with an attachment.

/ Draw bar use #3  
mount it all the way in towards the front of the tractor. Extend it when you need to.

I remove the drawbar when using an attachment. Many don’t have a forward setting.

/ Draw bar use #4  

/ Draw bar use #5  

I’ve never had a drawbar interfere with an attachment. For me, it’s the attachment’s PTO shaft that can get bent on an extended drawbar when you lower the attachment. Especially in situations, on a bank or ditch, where the attachment is lower than the tractor.

If OP hooks anything to that clevis, it’s going to be fighting that ball hitch.

/ Draw bar use #6  
Took delivery of my Mt225s last Friday. Really liking it so far. I do have a question about the specific use of the the draw bar though. Guessing it's for how I have mine currently set up?
Most people would have the them switched, put the ball in the forward hole and then the end hole can be used for the clevis or regular trailers or implements.

/ Draw bar use #7  
I do use my drawbar. It hangs on the wall in the tractor stall. In the extended position it can/will interfere with the PTO shaft when I use my chipper. I use the drawbar when pulling my farm wagon.

/ Draw bar use #8  
Yep, same here..... hangs on the wall until I need to move the trailer.