Door locks

/ Door locks #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
We drove to Georgia yesterday and picked up a bundle of doors from a 1930s schoolhouse, they are similar to what I grew up with in our home.
I will make the locks work again but not sure where to start?
A lot of skeleton keys and some more moderns.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for that
Also I’m on the lookout for original brass hinges if anyone here has some they would sell me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • C986FBEB-6AD3-4CD3-843C-75AB7014A062.jpeg
    C986FBEB-6AD3-4CD3-843C-75AB7014A062.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
   / Door locks #2  
Maybe ask a local locksmith who might could make a key for the Yale deadbolt and suggest where you could find a skeleton key (ebay, antique mall?).

/ Door locks #3  
We drove to Georgia yesterday and picked up a bundle of doors from a 1930s schoolhouse, they are similar to what I grew up with in our home.
I will make the locks work again but not sure where to start?
A lot of skeleton keys and some more moderns.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for that
Also I’m on the lookout for original brass hinges if anyone here has some they would sell me
I've had great success with getting old style hardware from here - Home Restoration & Improvement Store | Van Dyke's Restorers

/ Door locks #4  
As mentioned, a locksmith should be able to help. I remember having doors without the deadbolts - just the old fashioned locks when I was a kid. Every now and then we'd lose a key so we made a trip to the 5 & 10 store in town for some skeleton keys.

/ Door locks #5  
You can get a simple re-keying kit at Home Depot etc that can handle multiple locks of a given type. If you want all your door locks to be keyed the same, you can use these kits to do it and they come with the new key. You just need to buy the right kit for the brand of lock you have. They are cheap. Just make sure you do the work in a clean clear table not over a carpet or anywhere that teeny weeny parts will disappear unto...

Won't help with the skeleton keys, but the regular pin tumbler ones.