Dog pics

/ Dog pics #4,991  
We had a Lab that was petrified of thunder she would start acting weird hours before a storm, as it get closer she wound hiss and whine until she got to go inside and she would go hide in the basement... we never knew the source of her fear, we think we may have forgotten her out during a storm, she lived for 13 years and it never got better.

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #4,993  
Our dog hides under my office desk for heavy rain and loud noises.
If I am at the desk focusing on work, I can feel my legs getting pushed out of the way for her to get under the desk.

/ Dog pics #4,994  
Bucks Wabba is the only toy that matters.

Buck and Wabba s.jpg

/ Dog pics #4,995  
We had a dog like that and if there was thunder let her sit next to one us and get held or petted. She gradually overcame most of the fears of loud noises.
He used to be fine but has more recently developed a distain to electrical storms, he is 9 years old and otherwise relatively fearless. We did move to an elevated property recently and i wonder if more close strikes have made him weary ??

/ Dog pics #4,996  
He used to be fine but has more recently developed a distain to electrical storms, he is 9 years old and otherwise relatively fearless. We did move to an elevated property recently and i wonder if more close strikes have made him weary ??
I always wondered if they could feel something through the ground? Maybe just vibrations but dogs are pretty sensitive to things like that.

/ Dog pics #4,997  
Its not a photo I know sorry but since we all own and have interest in dogs here I thought it would be appropriate to post here, its a very interesting podcast on working dogs, body language and dogs behaviors. Worth to watch if you are interested to know more about that or just police/army working dogs in general.