Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #71  
I wonder if that would work sprayed onto rags and tucked under the hood of the tractor to keep mice away.... Or would it attract them?

For the garden I just use an electric wire and fence charger. Have not tried that on the tractor... the tires would insulate the metal from the ground so that part is easy, but a mouse would have to be tall enough to touch the tractor body and the ground at the same time to get shocked. A mouse the size of a deer..... or a bear. Scary thought.
rScotty

According to this, it will. Only one way to find out.!!

Peppermint Oil​

Many natural rodent repellents contain peppermint oil because the strong scent can disorient rodents. As a result, mice and others will avoid the smell. If you want something other than a pre-made peppermint-scented repellent, you can use scented cotton balls or create a water and peppermint oil spray.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #72  
This is exactly why I bought a BCS two wheel tractor.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #73  
my 4.5 acre garden is fenced with standard woven wire,---had to do that to keep coyotes out,--- they destroyed the sweetcorn one year. deer dont jump the fence, too lazy I guess. ---got lucky on that.

Nice. I really dislike coyotes!!

Do you actually call a 4.5 acre plot a “garden”?

My wife gardens a 1/4 acre area (wire fence) and I think that is a ton of work!!!

We use a tiller - maybe that’s the issue!

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #74  
I did the deer battles for years and, starting with motion activated lights and sprinklers, chaining dog in garden at night, electric fencing, baited electric fence; all to no avail. I gave up and finally constructed an 8’ woven wire fence about 6 years ago. No problem since then. A lot of work but a permanent solution. Yes I did leave a tractor turn around strip around the garden, and also included the orchard in the fenced area. About 1.5 acres between the garden and orchard. Yes I do have to mow inside the fence.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #75  
Anyone know what happened to the OP? Looks like he hasn't been on in over a year.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #76  
Yes I do a 4.5 acre garden. Donate all but a small amount to the Midwest Food Bank.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #78  
my 4.5 acre garden is fenced with standard woven wire,---had to do that to keep coyotes out,--- they destroyed the sweetcorn one year. deer dont jump the fence, too lazy I guess. ---got lucky on that.
Coyotes and deer hop over mine easily and often, according to my cameras. The garden itself has 5ft fencing with a wire about 8in higher. No jumpers.

Bruce

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #79  
Nothing has gone over mine since I put it up 10 years ago.