Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #41  
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #43  
A picture of my 28’x30’ shop but I don’t keep the tractor here, just two of our cars. The tractor sits in the garage at the house. I do work on everything in here though.
IMG_1806.jpeg

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #44  
Shed I had put up last year. It's 48 x 36. Pic was taken just after they were finished. It is full now.
Tractor shed  tractors 5 20 2023 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Tractor shed  tractors 5 20 2023 1.jpeg
    Tractor shed tractors 5 20 2023 1.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 34
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #45  
We have a 100 year old dairy barn that has been converted to horse stalls. No equipment goes in it. I have had two friends that their barns burned down from hot equipment.
Could you elaborate on that a bit. My son would ask a lot of questions. He always ended up wanting the long answer.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #46  
Built a Pole Barn 6 years ago, uninsulated, concrete floor, 40x72 fourteen-foot walls. Two twelve-foot doors and one ten.

Keep a wheel-house (icefishing), tractor, RTV and trailers inside. Boats in the winter. I read on a thread here once, that you will pay for a pole barn whether you have one or not, owning toys. I agree, all my equipment look like new staying indoors year round.

Built a mezzanine around 20'x40' to keep all the stuff I was moving around on the concrete floor. All that little stuff now sits up there. Boat trailers underneath. Should have built 40x80. Cat was rented.

PoleBarn.jpg

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #47  
Concrete floor is a big plus…

Brother spent a lot renovating his 1850 dirt floor barn.

Everything inside gets covered with a layer of trust in no time.

His small shed was like that until he concreted the floor.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #48  
This was when I got the tractor in 2020, It was quick and easy to build. Not really cheap but at the time cheaper than anything else and I could move it easily. The 2x10's across the bottom were placed so the weight of the tractor kept it from moving in the wind.

20200826_202553.jpg

Then a couple years ago I was finally able to add on to the shop.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #49  
I've got a 8' x20 steel carport. I'm able to store my forest winch and grapple along the side in the winter.

IMG_1668.jpg

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #50  
We have a 30x40 Barn/Shed/Shop - BSS for short. We intended a pole barn when design was planned in Feb of 2020. When the work started in June, we soon learned - no poles for you. Top of mountains tend to be pretty rocky. A foundation had to be built. There goes the budget.
20200826_172037.jpg

We thought 30x40 - would be plenty of space:
20200829_172042.jpg

Three years later:
PXL_20231006_191910880.jpg

Time to build another?