Do chimney cleaning logs work?

/ Do chimney cleaning logs work?
Sounds like the definition of a "slammer" chimney installation.

Per NFPA 211 regs, that hasn't been allowed for decades. Virtually perfect conditions for creosote formation and a potentially deadly chimney fire.

Sweep's Library - Unlined Masonry Fireplace Chimneys

A Chimney Liner – Why Do I Need One? | RAW Chimney Sweep and Inspections | Midland | Penetanguishene

If you're going to burn wood for home heating, do yourself and your family a favor and do it right, which means following your stove insert's installation directions and NFPA 211.

No, I stated I have a new chimney and a new lining and am using an approved Vermont Castings stove connection install unit. It is not, repeat not an unlined chimney and I would never burn wood in one. As noted, I've burned wood for decades in a cold climate and know the ropes. I've seen all the wrong ways to install and if this is a bad install I would be shocked because I've seen so many installs in high end places. My install and knowledge is 15 years old, however so maybe that snake piece of flex stainless is a safety issue now but I can't imagine it.

/ Do chimney cleaning logs work? #22  
Is the diamete/area of your present flue above the connection what the stove manufacturer recommends?

/ Do chimney cleaning logs work?
Is the diamete/area of your present flue above the connection what the stove manufacturer recommends?

Yes it is. The woodstove I have in is a Waterford "Leprechaun" woodstove and is hooked up similar to that shown on page 9 of the attached instruction manual.

View attachment Leprechaun.pdf

I don't want to get off-task here but if you have a fireplace, forget about it and stick a small woodstove in. Heats better, is cleaner and way less wasted heat. Plus, when you sell the house, yank it out and it's back to the romantic fireplace all the women want. As noted, we only use a few times a year with a small amount of good wood but wood heat just feels so good and I miss it.