Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #11  
I can't imagine any vehicle maker venturing off to make their own oil, fluids and air filters. They would be venturing into areas where they have no expertise. It would likely add expense and reduce quality. What would be the advantage of that? I am trying to understand why you are you even bringing this conversation up?

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #12  
I can't imagine any vehicle maker venturing off to make their own oil, fluids and air filters. They would be venturing into areas where they have no expertise. It would likely add expense and reduce quality. What would be the advantage of that? I am trying to understand why you are you even bringing this conversation up?
I think it's a very legitimate conversation.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #13  
I think it's a very legitimate conversation.
Why do you think that? Is it going to add to the value or quality of a tractor brand that does? Even if I saw a gallon of oil that said "Genuine [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Oil" on it, I wouldn't believe for a second that [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] made it. They would obviously outsource it as it is would take considerable resources to manufacture it that won't add to their bottom line. They may give the ingredients their blessing, but that is a long ways away from making it.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #14  
Why do you think that? Is it going to add to the value or quality of a tractor brand that does? Even if I saw a gallon of oil that said "Genuine [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Oil" on it, I wouldn't believe for a second that [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] made it. They would obviously outsource it as it is would take considerable resources to manufacture it that won't add to their bottom line. They may give the ingredients their blessing, but that is a long ways away from making it.
So,,,, this is a valuable conversation to you. Good thing Daryl started the thread so you could express your thoughts on this subject. :)

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?
I researched filters a few years ago. AC Delco was considered the best Fram was considered the worst. I primarily use Wix. I regularly change fluids and filters so I don't worry about lifespan.

When I bought my [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] new all the hydraulics was very sluggish when cold. I would fast idle the engine, shift the trans to a gear, move the range selector to neutral, shuttle forward and let it run for a few minutes. This would circulate the trans fluid and make the shuttle work much better in a shorter time.

Someone on here suggested when I change the trans/hydraulic fluid to go to the [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] SUDT2. I did that a couple years ago. Works much better with less warm up required.
If you can afford the cost, go with Chevron All Weather THC synthetic (what I use) it's a bit more than SUDT but I have excellent results with it plus it flows well in cold temps and it's dyed orange of all things. Hard to find. I get mine from my jobber. You can actually see it on a dipstick.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?
Why do you think that? Is it going to add to the value or quality of a tractor brand that does? Even if I saw a gallon of oil that said "Genuine [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Oil" on it, I wouldn't believe for a second that [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] made it. They would obviously outsource it as it is would take considerable resources to manufacture it that won't add to their bottom line. They may give the ingredients their blessing, but that is a long ways away from making it.
Like I said previously, I believe Pennzoil produces [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] UDT and SUDT.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #17  
I'm going to speculate that the majority of [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] owners buying [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] labeled fluid believe [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] made it. :)

I'd say you are correct.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #19  
I reckon if it ever happens it would be an OEM deciding that buying an oil company would be cost effective.

I would be curious what % of company net profit comes from branded consumables like oil and filters.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #20  
Henry Ford tried owning every part of the business from the rubber plantations to delivering the final car product but those days are long gone. It's easier to point the finger and beat on suppliers than to keep your own house in order.