Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I don't believe so but I could be wrong. I know [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] don't for certain but what about other builders?

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #2  
I highly doubt it;same with tires+hydraulic hoses ect.But to their specification.Same as the auto business.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?
I haver noticed that [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] filters are made in various places including China. I presume made to [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] specs. I know the air filters are made by Donaldson as well as the filter housings. Chinese stuff always scares me because without proper oversight, it can be sub standard.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #4  
No, someone else makes the fluids to the manufacturers standards.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters?
I do believe that Pennzoil produces [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] fluids (not sure) and they filters are made all over to their specs. I've has filters marked China and South Korea in the past. I don't use [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] fluids, never have. I do use Donaldson air filters however.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #6  
I doubt any manufacturer makes their own fluids, or filters. As to filters, I've always considered Donaldson to be premium quality.

Not trying to derail your thread Daryl, just venting.

In regards to China. I don't blame sub standard product on China. I blame it on our Corporations that wanted to increase their bottom line so they degraded the production specifications and moved production to China to take advantage of cheaper costs......

China can build just as good a product as America can if you are willing to pay for it.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #7  
I'm pretty sure these are made to the specifications of the auto/engine manufactures. For instance, Ford's Motorcraft oil is made by ConocoPhillips and Korean S-oil. Many other brands are made by Warren in Canada.

Filters are a similar situation, but in my opinion, the quality of the filters are significantly better with the OEM brands. Well, all except AC-Delco. They seem flimsy to me. Standouts that come to mind are Motorcraft fuel filters, [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] hydraulic/transmission filters, and Honda engine oil filters. I have compared those filters with their Wix counterparts (which I tend to believe are decent quality) and feel that the media, housing (if applicable), and seals are all of better quality on the OEM parts.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #8  
I doubt any manufacturer makes their own fluids, or filters. As to filters, I've always considered Donaldson to be premium quality.

Not trying to derail your thread Daryl, just venting.

In regards to China. I don't blame sub standard product on China. I blame it on our Corporations that wanted to increase their bottom line so they degraded the production specifications and moved production to China to take advantage of cheaper costs......

China can build just as good a product as America can if you are willing to pay for it.
I've had subpar filters manufactured in Mexico. Surprisingly enough, they were John Deere branded filters supplied by the local dealer.

Some were threaded wrong for the filter base. Others were labeled with the wrong part number.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #9  
I researched filters a few years ago. AC Delco was considered the best Fram was considered the worst. I primarily use Wix. I regularly change fluids and filters so I don't worry about lifespan.

When I bought my [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] new all the hydraulics was very sluggish when cold. I would fast idle the engine, shift the trans to a gear, move the range selector to neutral, shuttle forward and let it run for a few minutes. This would circulate the trans fluid and make the shuttle work much better in a shorter time.

Someone on here suggested when I change the trans/hydraulic fluid to go to the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] SUDT2. I did that a couple years ago. Works much better with less warm up required.

/ Do any tractor or automotive builders make their own oil, fluid and air filters? #10  
I've had subpar filters manufactured in Mexico. Surprisingly enough, they were John Deere branded filters supplied by the local dealer.

Some were threaded wrong for the filter base. Others were labeled with the wrong part number.
I looked all over for the thumbs down icon but couldn't find it. Things like this infuriate me......