DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid?

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid? #1  

monteu

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010
I bought a DK5010 with a 107 hours on it. I have put 10 on it so far. The owner had never changed the transmission filter. In the manual it says to change the filter at 50 hours. Will I lose enough fluid in the change that I need to add some? I can't seem to locate the Exxon Mobile 424 that the book calls for. What is a good cross for it?

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid? #2  
It would be a good idea. I had a good bit of metal machining particles in mine at 50 hours. You'll just lose what's in the filter and maybe a cup more.

I changed my trans oil at that time also. The oil hasn't degraded but it does have some particulates in it that didn't cycle through the filter and hopefully just lay in the bottom of the trans. When I removed the trans drain plug, I had shavings on the magnetic drain plug. If I swirled the oil in the bucket, it had that pearl sheen to it. Members have different opinions about replacing the trans oil at those hours. Some do and some don't.

Here's a chart for oils that was previously posted by another member.

View attachment LubricantChartRev4-24 (1).pdf

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid? #3  
Mobil 424 is available from Summit Racing at a reasonable price and with free shipping.

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid? #4  
Mobil 424 is available from Summit Racing at a reasonable price and with free shipping.

That's what I use and where I bought it. Made a noticeable difference to my NX, smoother than whatever was in from the factory and up to temp faster in the cold. Good stuff, IMHO, and reasonably priced, even with shipping/delivery.

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid?
Thanks, I got a crossed number in the Mystik brand. Appreciate it.

/ DK5010 Transmission Filter Change--Fluid?
Whats Wrong!?!?!? I went to change the filter just like the manual says, but I lose most of the fluid The filter is towards the bottom and all the oil spills out. Am I not understanding something?