DK45SC Cab Liner Mice!

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #11  
weird...ive had my cab top off several times, a few months ago to replace windshield .... at the same time i replaced radio antenna. not a stitch of junk up there from mice. and i have mice everywhere. i cant find any possible place for them to enter on my unit. very tight fitting.

and i love the hinge

i guess they've changed alot since your 2006 version.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice!
yeah... not sure exactly where they come into the cab (the cab itself <doors, window, top vent> seems pretty tight). perhaps under the console following a wiring chase? or maybe the 3pt hitch controls? i'm gonna see if there are places to stuff steel wool...

and yes, a hinge would be great!

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #13  
Before I just start removing bolts willynilly, what is the best way to get into the cab liner on a DK45SC? I've got some serious stink up there!

There is a youtube video of a guy removing the top of a NX cab. Is it the same on DK?

THANKS ALL!

Billboe

p.s. While I'm in there I'm thinking of replacing the exterior lights. I guess I should post a separate question for that...
Mice love to eat tractor electrical wiring. It's good to keep a mousetrap near your tractor that doesn't require resetting every kill. I've had good results with a homemade trap made with a pop can, a stiff metal rod, and five gallon bucket. As seen on YouTube.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #14  
anyway, i have more cleaning to do and then i'll figure out how to keep them out (or at least deter them). fun fun fun!
Pretty simple really, invest in a box of scented dryer sheets and place them in various places inside the cab and under the hood on the engine. Mice love to build dwellings in the engine bay as well and love to chew on wiring as well.

I keep my tractors in the barn when not in use and the dryer sheets (plus a few cats) keep the rodents under control.

Nothing worse smelling than mouse poop.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #15  
I have had to resort to the aluminum mesh like what you use for gutters to keep the leaves out you can buy a 4'x8' sheet at home depot in the concrete isle. that stuff is good for blocking the air vents. I had to do that with a window AC unit it was put over the blower vent inside and the 2 air ducts that go to the window for air exchange. Ive been considering doing that for the engine block/plastic cover for my mower for the same reason.

I would agree about the led work lights as well. working on new switches and wiring right now for a 32" light bar for the back. and backup camera.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #16  
Just serviced and put away the tractors for the winter as well as the implements and of course I installed the most stinky dryer sheets I could find in the cabs and under the hoods. I used my smeller at the grocery and found the 'Snuggles' brand to out stink all the rest.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #17  
I shoved steel wool down the main support tubes/channels. Need to pop off the top again to see how things are holding up.

Will note that one has to be careful when removing the nuts up under the windshield. I had washers fall down into the back of the engine area and I couldn't locate them: been quite some time ago in which case no harm has come of that other than I'm missing a few pieces of roof hardware pieces.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #18  
Bouncy dryer sheets arrived from Amazon today. The smell was so strong I immediately got them out of the house and put some on the tractor and a couple of other places where the mice have been problems in the past. Have some peppermint oil on order, but the smell from these dryer sheets might be enough.

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #19  
I used some smelly peppermint stuff intended to discourage rodents and it did zilch. The ONLY sure-fire way is traps and sealing things up: or perhaps stationing a car inside the tractor; but then there's the issue of needing a cat box :LOL:

/ DK45SC Cab Liner Mice! #20  
Unreal...those @#$%^...I can't believe they got into the top of the cab. very unnerving to know this can happen...