Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #11  
If you already have that many issues with your RK tractor then I would think twice about buying one anyway - or a TYM.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #12  
It is amazing to me how pathetic people are, but it shouldn't surprise because that is the overall attitude in the country. Like MacArthur said - a man who would never tell the truth when a lie would serve him just as well

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #13  
Sounds like as time has gone by the RK tractors are not turning out to be as reliable as I had hoped.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #14  
After replying to the opening post with some problems I've had with service, I thought should follow up with my story.

Wednesday I got notice my tractor was done. Picked it up Thursday. When I got home I unloaded and drove it about 1100 feet up my driveway. It has a terrible squealing from the rear end. Since it had been in the shop for 3 months for a new bearing and case in the rear end, I was pretty worried. I contacted the store with my concern. Later that evening I got a call from Eric, the mobile tech for this region. Eric was really helpful and said he'll drive over from Ohio ( to north central WV) Friday morning to check it out.

Friday afternoon, Eric showed up. After explaining to him that I have significant hearing loss and couldn't pinpoint where the squeal was coming from, he hopped on the tractor drive it about 100 feet and diagnosed my problem. Turns out I have a squeaky spring in my seat.

I apologized to him a few times and couldn't have felt any more stupid. But he was professional about it and talked to me a little more about the tractor and went on his way.

So, it's kind of hard for me to complain about the service after the mobile tech showed up the day after I called and made around an 8 hour round trip to tell me my seat squeaks.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #15  
After replying to the opening post with some problems I've had with service, I thought should follow up with my story.

Wednesday I got notice my tractor was done. Picked it up Thursday. When I got home I unloaded and drove it about 1100 feet up my driveway. It has a terrible squealing from the rear end. Since it had been in the shop for 3 months for a new bearing and case in the rear end, I was pretty worried. I contacted the store with my concern. Later that evening I got a call from Eric, the mobile tech for this region. Eric was really helpful and said he'll drive over from Ohio ( to north central WV) Friday morning to check it out.

Friday afternoon, Eric showed up. After explaining to him that I have significant hearing loss and couldn't pinpoint where the squeal was coming from, he hopped on the tractor drive it about 100 feet and diagnosed my problem. Turns out I have a squeaky spring in my seat.

I apologized to him a few times and couldn't have felt any more stupid. But he was professional about it and talked to me a little more about the tractor and went on his way.

So, it's kind of hard for me to complain about the service after the mobile tech showed up the day after I called and made around an 8 hour round trip to tell me my seat squeaks.

That squeaky seat issue was certainly a very timely response by RK, but ...."in the shop for 3 momths" for rear end issue = terrible service!

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #16  

How many hours do you have on the tractor?

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #19  

I am sorry to hear you had such a time getting your machine fixed. I guess it really does matter which local dealer you deal with. I had just the opposite experience with RK in Dothan, AL. I got my Cab RK55 Hydro in January of 2019 after Cat. 5 hurricane Michael ripped through us on Oct. 10, 2018. I had been thinking about a cab tractor with loader for some time and had been looking at all the models. I went with the RK because a Kubota speced out the same was $15K more. (I have three other Kubotas and they are fine machines) I also got the third function installed and put a grapple on for hurricane clean up. Fast forward to this December and I have 397 hours on it and I broke it. After two years of pushing stumps, carrying all she could pick up 4 inches off the ground with counter weight on the back. I found that once you put it in low range full throttle, 4 wheel drive, differential locked, full curl and lift and the stump don't move you can turn the front wheels to make both of them pull you can get a little extra push. I overwork the crap out of this machine and I am quite sure put too much stress on the steering cylinder until it blew the piston rings and started to bypass. If I turned the steering wheel real fast the wheels would turn but then go back straight. I called the Dothan store and asked it I could drop it off on a Saturday (local Kubota in only M-F) Jeff Steve said sure. I dropped it off Saturday around 2:00pm. The next day Jeff called me at 10:30am on Sunday and said your machine is fixed come get it when you are ready. I picked it up at 1:00pm that very Sunday. They had replaced the steering cylinder. Now for the kicker. This was over the Thanksgiving weekend! Less than 24 hours on a holiday weekend repaired under warranty, no charge. I know this store has sold a ton of tractors out of it in 2 years. When I dropped mine off their was one other tractor in the shop area and when I picked it up the next day mine was the only one. They had three techs there with what appeared not much to do except help me get loaded. Kudos to Jeff Steve at RK in Dothan, AL. If they are pretending to be serious about being in the business they sure got me fooled.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #20  
I am sorry to hear you had such a time getting your machine fixed. I guess it really does matter which local dealer you deal with. I had just the opposite experience with RK in Dothan, AL. I got my Cab RK55 Hydro in January of 2019 after Cat. 5 hurricane Michael ripped through us on Oct. 10, 2018. I had been thinking about a cab tractor with loader for some time and had been looking at all the models. I went with the RK because a Kubota speced out the same was $15K more. (I have three other Kubotas and they are fine machines) I also got the third function installed and put a grapple on for hurricane clean up. Fast forward to this December and I have 397 hours on it and I broke it. After two years of pushing stumps, carrying all she could pick up 4 inches off the ground with counter weight on the back. I found that once you put it in low range full throttle, 4 wheel drive, differential locked, full curl and lift and the stump don't move you can turn the front wheels to make both of them pull you can get a little extra push. I overwork the crap out of this machine and I am quite sure put too much stress on the steering cylinder until it blew the piston rings and started to bypass. If I turned the steering wheel real fast the wheels would turn but then go back straight. I called the Dothan store and asked it I could drop it off on a Saturday (local Kubota in only M-F) Jeff Steve said sure. I dropped it off Saturday around 2:00pm. The next day Jeff called me at 10:30am on Sunday and said your machine is fixed come get it when you are ready. I picked it up at 1:00pm that very Sunday. They had replaced the steering cylinder. Now for the kicker. This was over the Thanksgiving weekend! Less than 24 hours on a holiday weekend repaired under warranty, no charge. I know this store has sold a ton of tractors out of it in 2 years. When I dropped mine off their was one other tractor in the shop area and when I picked it up the next day mine was the only one. They had three techs there with what appeared not much to do except help me get loaded. Kudos to Jeff Steve at RK in Dothan, AL. If they are pretending to be serious about being in the business they sure got me fooled.

THAT is the good news sort of story that everyone enjoys hearing about!
Kudos to RK in Dothan, Al.